Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headaches and Yogurt

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanx for answering the "organ meats" question Cheryl. I was just about to post an answer :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

No problem, glad I could to be helpful .
    Cheryl

Thanks

I have not had yogurt for about a week now and have had a headache continous for about four days. I dont think that i have eaten Nything on the no no list. In fact I have not eatenmuch of anything. I think that it is part of this flare. I have been nauseas for about a week and having diarhea for since the last weekend in Sept. when I went home for the weekend and ate and drank thinks that I dont normally.

Im ready to.....ugh I hate this.

Kasey

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Noodlemom;
    Oh, I am so sorry that you are still suffering. Is the nausea due to the relentless headache? That happens to me quite often. My rheumy told me that my relentless headaches, nausea, diarrhea, etc. are due to my Fibromyalgia. Do you also have FM?
    Not eating enough can also cause continual headaches. Can you try to eat a bit more to see if that alleviates the pain at all?
    I hope that you find some relief. I'm sending you soothing hugs to get you through the night.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Saysusie, yes the nausea is from the headache. The bones in my head hurts. Particularily behind my right ear.Not my scalp but the skull bones I guess. The back of my head and my temples hurt. None of it is throbbing but a hard sharp stabbing pain. Its like the different bones are crashing into one another so then I try to massage and in doing so then my head head hurts more because I am pushing on it try to move the bones. Make any sense?
    I did not realize that FM could cause this stuff. I was diagnosed with FM about 6 weeks ago when I was rediagnosed with lupus. My old doc never said that FM was one of my diagnosis. Oh I try so hard to eat but everything just sits in my stomach like lead and (TMI coming up)then comes out mostly undigested or just water and sludge. I have lost weight too.Close to 20-25 lbs now.

I hate to complain but this is getting so old. In the last 12 months I have had maybe six weeks of relief of the flare. Will this continue on til I completely fade away? I spent the whole day sleeping. My poor son spent the day on the computer playing games and watching movies. How bad is that I cant even parent my boy. He even did the dishes this noon.

K

Thanks

Hi Kasey, feeling better today? I know the pain your speaking of, I have fibro too. Do not message or push, it only increase the pain and length of time of it. Lay on the side with the pain when you sleep, keeps the pain from traveling to the other side by morning. The soft pillows keeps the pressure light. Cold cloth works well. I use a mix of pure-grain alcohol and peppermint oil. Feels good on sore spot. Try a few sips of milk to coat tummy right before you eat, it does help. Like Saysusie says, try a little something. Somes better than none. Eat the BRAT diet: Banans-Rice-Applesauce-Toast. They're the mildest things for your tummy, even infants stomaches can handle it. Hopefully yours hasn't gotten to bad to where you can't. Even if you can't eat, sip milk slow. It keeps coating and soothing. During my second pregnancy I was so sick for 3 months and couldn't eat that diet, the milk slowly helped my tummy get a little stronger each day.

I so hope you get some relief soon. Migraines are horrible.
    Cheryl

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Are you feeling any better today Kasey? Six good weeks in one year. It's not fair. Try not to beat yourself up over not being able to do things. I know it's hard, especially because you're a mom, but you do have a very real reason for why you can't do things. It's easier said than done, but remember, this is not your fault.

This is just an idea. I get a nauseous stomach quite often, and not always during a flare. I haven't quite figured out the cause yet. I take Dramamine and it really helps. I guess the stuff also works for nausea that is not caused by motion sickness. I wouldn't take it without asking your Dr. or Rheumo first of course, to make sure it's safe and there are no possible drug interactions. It's something to consider anyway.

A little side note. I was talking to my sister last night. She suffers from migraine headaches quite often. Her husband hunts, and they always have a freezer full of venison or moose. She said she cannot eat anything like the liver and other organs, as it will indeed cause a migraine. She mentioned that she's not positive about yogurt, and what quantity of it you would have to eat to cause a headache, but she'd rather play it safe and not eat the stuff.

I hope you get a break from the hurt, and start having some better days ASAP. Go easy on yourself.

Rob

Thanks

Headache is still here I have jaw pain with it now also. Ate half a bowl of cheerios this morning and took my meds then went back to bed. My boy has been on the computer all morning. He is flying planes on flight simulator right now.
    I have a chiro appt tomorrw am and if this is still here monday Iwill be going in to see the doc. HubbyMan gave me two immodium (the doc said I could take some) I havent gone since. I am beginning to feel bloated tho.

Someone just shoot me. Im tired and cant fight anymore. Thank you all for walking with me thru this. It does help to know hat you all care.

asey

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey Kasey,

What kind of flight simulator does your son have? I play around with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I have my pilots license, but I haven't flown in years. It's amazing how realistic the Microsoft Sim is. On the sim, I fly out of the same airport where I took most of my instruction, and it's just like the real deal, scenery and all.

It occupies me when I have a sleepless night. Still raining here. The rain doesn't really bother me. I wish you could get a break from the headache and jaw pain. I have problems with my TMJ too. It's miserable when it acts up. Makes it hard to eat. Take it easy, and get some rest.

Thanks

Noodlemom,
    I have absolutely nothing constructively helpful to offer you; this is al so overwhelmingly new to me.
    My heart just so went out to you, to the tone in your last post, and i had to write to you; did you ever think that maybe you are raising your son with amazing personality qualities that he wouldn't get it if you were healthy, bouncing-off-the-walls mom? lets face it, one day he will get married (hopefully); and im sure his wife will have her off days, and her sick days, and he is going to be so sensitive, so compassionate, so in touch with her - in fact they'll probably end up having a ton of babies cos he'l be SO helpful through her pregnancies. and not just his wife will benefit, but all his friends, workmates, children.. etc.. it's definitely not going to ruin him! please don't think you are a bad mom!

my dad was really sick for the majority of my life and it didn't make me feel neglected; it made me appreciate every smal thing he did, and it made me more sensitive and in touch and sympathetic(which wouldn't normally be my personality!!) and just so much more grateful for the people in my life.

i really hope that made you feel just a little brighter.

tell him you love him (i'm sure you already do). and that you love him doing the dishes. i'm sure he'll be blessed by that

xxxxxx take care