Thread: Tramadol

Thanks

Default Tramadol

My doctor gave me Tramadol for headache pain. It helped the pain but made me violently sick. I mean I vomited so much that I was weak for two days. Does anybody have any suggestions for taking Tramadol successfully? I did take it with food. Which food, I don't really remember, but I was sure to eat before I took it. I seem to be having a lot of problems with taking meds lately. Is that normal?

Thanks

Hi YPT,
    I have to take Tramadol for the arthritis pain. I had a problem with nausea from it too, but now that seems to have cleared. Have you contacted your doctor about the severe nausea that you are experiencing?
    I just take it after eating. I just thihk that you need to let your doctor know that this is happening with you.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.