Thread: Diagnosed 12 months and still no better!

Thanks

Default Diagnosed 12 months and still no better!

Hi everyone I got diagnosed 12 months ago after going to the docs with sore fingers and wrists and having the butterfly rash on my face. Since then I got referred to a rhumie and after many flares or one continual flare I am now on hydroxyxhloroquine (200mg per day), methotrexate (20mg per week), diclofenac and prednisolone (12.5mg per day), I am feeling like crap most days and have 2 -3 days a week in bed! I want to stop taking all my meds but think this is not such a good idea. The idea was that my methotrexate would be increased for me to get off steriods but unfortunately i am unable to do this, I have no idea now what are side effects and what are symptoms! I take the methotrexate on a mon morn and every tuesday i'm ill! What should i try next???

Thanks

hi mary,
    similarly to you I was on medication that really upset my stomach (plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine)) so I started taking it at night with something to eat...I slept through the majority of the discomfort. and i promise that things will get better...slowly but surely :P
    let me know if you need anything or someone to talk to
    Kat

Thanks

Hi Mary,
    My name is Kathy and I have SLE Lupus. I want to welcome you to the site.

I am wondering if maybe you could mention to your doctor to see if they can switch the Methotrexate to Imuran and increase the Plaquenil to 400 mg a day. I know with me they had to do this and also they had to switch the Votaren which is the other name for Diclofenac to Sulindac. These are just some ideas that you could discuss with your doctor.

There are a lot of good folks that come in here and some of them may have better information. Please keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.