Thread: Awful pain in lower back, hips, knees and wrists!!!!!!!

Thanks

Default Awful pain in lower back, hips, knees and wrists!!!!!!!

Hi all,
    Boy I am having a bad morning big time. For the past couple of weeks my knees have been hurting really bad and especially the right knee. It is weird, but the pain is also right in back of the knee and it feels so stiff. My right wrist hurts worse then then the left one and then my hips and lower back big time. I know that if this does not let up I will have to go back into the doctor and my apointment with the Rheumatologist is not until next month. I hate to have to go in to the doctor, because he will shoot my joints up with steroids and those shots hurt big time. Darn I am just depressed and disgusted with this rotten disease. Sorry I guess I just needed to vent some.

Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Kathy...

Tramadol aka Ultram ...still working? I think you had ask elsewhere if it was an anti-inflammatory, eh? No, it has no anti-inflammatory affects. It is a narcotic...for moderate pain..pain reliever.

Have you been sleeping different sitting alot...I know when I sit for a spell my hips, knee and feet joints cry. If so, try stretching a bit, taking breaks from one position...

I always swear by a warm shower, but as of late I've been avoiding due to the rash. I miss them...they always bring me around, even if it is just for the duration I am in the warm steamy shower. Must be the Finnish in me, saunas...

Try not to dwell in your limitations today...it makes the spirit blue. Curl up to a good novel, while propped up with pillows, a good movie...anything to keep the mind away from the disease.

It will pass, it always does...

Head hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Poor Kathy, I am so sorry that you feel so bad today. I agree with Oluwa, take a steamy shower. I actually prefer soaking in a hot bath. Then curl up with a blanket and a book. That is my idea of my own personal mental getaway. Show IT that you aren't going to take it without giving a little in return.
    But if you want to vent...vent away lady, I will listen to all you want to rant about.
    Feel better soon.
    Robyn
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Hi Oluwa and Robyn,
    I am feeling a bit better as the Tramadol has kicked in and is working. I just get like this when it is bad. I do take a lot of hot showers and that helps as I did that about an hour ago and now that has helped. I can not sit in the bathtub as I will not be able to get back up out of it. I had major surgery on my spine last December and I have severe osteo-arthritis in the spine along with serious degenerative disc disease. I try not to complain and dwell on it, but boy at times I just can not help it. I think that I am in a flare again as I also have the all to familiar headache. Oh well I will be ok.

I hope that both of you are feeling ok today. I will be ok.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:

Thanks

sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, glad the tramadol helped a bit.

I am finding heat helps a bit too, like a shower or hot water bottle, or having a warm puppy on your lap sleeping. ( but not a giant 7 stone dog as that is quite painful as I found a few months ago)

Thanks

Hi Furrydog,
    I had to laugh about a big dog lol. I can imagine as my son has a beautiful golden retriever and he thinks he has to get in your lap. I don't have any little puppies, but I have two cats that are wonderful and they like to be held and babied big time. I get a lot of comfort from them and that helps too. Nice meeting you.

Hugs,
    Kathy

Medications:

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

You sound like me today kathy. bad off here. hope you are ok. the wrist pain is strange for me. I don't get it somedays. Try to have a good night.

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    I am feeling a little bit better today. I still have the pain, but it is not as severe as it was yesterday. I guess it is just a minor flare. I sure wish that they could find a cure for all of us. Are you feeling better today?

Hugs,
    Kathy

Medications:

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Kathy,

Today, I feel like I've been run over by a truck, rode hard, and put away wet. But, and this is important part- the pain has subsided. After yesterday, and last night, anything is a relief, and an improvement. Sis got ahold of my Dr. and got me a prescription of painkillers. It makes me a bit goofy, but the stuff works. It's the stuff that begins with a D, I can't remember.

It's funny how pain, and comfort are relative. Usually, the way I feel today would be ranked as a bad day. But after the neverending wave after wave of pain yesterday, I feel a whole lot better. A bit foggy, and fatigue, but fog and fatigue don't hurt, so I can deal with it.

How are you today? Isn't it funny that we both had a bad right knee/leg, and right wrist at the same time? Anyway, I hope you are having a better day.

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    I am glad that you are not in severe pain today. It is weird that we are having the same joint pains. Is the pain medication Dilodid or something like that that the doctor perscribed for you. I am taking Tramadol. It seems to help, but it does not take all the pain away. Isn't it weird how the flares will hit you and then subside only to reappear at a later date. Well I guess that is just the way Lupus is. I hope that you get over the fogginess and fatigue. Hopefully we will both have a better day tomorrow.

Hugs,
    Kathy

Medications: