Hello everyone!! My name is Marjorie and I'm 29 years old. I've been diagnosed with lupus at the age of 15. I've had 2 really bad flare ups that I almost lost my life. I've been through chemotherapy and I am on tons of medications...It's been 8 years since my last flare up so right now the lupus is on remission and things are pretty good but the lupus affected my kidneys and now I'm on dialysis which I started last year. So now I've just been struggling with the fact that I have to go to dialysis 3 times a week. which I hate. Life has been a struggle dealing with this illness. I don't know who I could talk to that would understand the way I feel. Lupus changed my life completely not only on the inside but on the outside. Being on prednisone, made me gain weight. so now I have stretch marks on places I don't want, I bruise easily and everywhere so I'm not able to wear the clothes I want because I'm embarrassed what people will think or say. It just really sucks cuz I don't have the confidence that I used to have. I just want to be able to meet people in my area (san jose) who know or understand the way I'm feeling. :?