Thread: Light Box?

Thanks

Default Light Box?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if we need to stay away from light boxes? I wanted to try to use one to improve my mood through the dark winter months but I am sure with lupus it's a bad idea. Does anyone know anything about the light boxes and if they are safe to use if you have sun sensitivity?

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi STaylor,
    Welcome you to the site. I am not sure how the light box would affect you. I am sure that Saysusie or Oluwa or Rob could have some good information for you. I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know very little about light boxes, other than the fact that they are used to alleviate seasonal depression (Seasonal Affective Disorder - SAD). However, ultraviolet light must be avoided, at all costs, for Lupus patients. For this reason, we cannot endure fluorescent lighting. If light boxes use fluorescent light or any light with UV rays, then they are not conducive to maintaining health in Lupus patients.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!