Thread: Lupus & Other autoimmune diseases ?

Thanks

Default Lupus & Other autoimmune diseases ?

Can a negative ESR , CRP , ANA & gastrin test rule out Lupus & other autoimmune diseases completely ? We are still waiting on results. I want to be prepared for the appointment on the 11th . If they are negative I don't know where to go . He is sick but, nobody seems to believe him.
    Keisha
    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger ! We must be stronger right ?

Thanks

Hi,
    I just read your post here. Even if the tests are negative that you listed, it does not necessarly mean that he does not have Lupus as there are some folks that are what they call sero-negative Lupus. You have to meet at least 4 of the criteria listed by the Lupus foundation to be diagnosed with Lupus. I hope that you get some answers at your appointment on the 11th.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.