Hello there! I am new to this forum but have been a lupus sufferer for a number of years. I am 49 and was diagnosed when I was 26. For about 4 or 5 years after the inital diagnosis I had all the symptoms of lupus - arthritis type joint pain, cold hands and feet, rashes, tiredness etc however I went into remission and all symptons stopped about 30 years of age. Then when I was 33, I got Guillain-Barré Syndrome which is also an auto immune disease but pretty rare. Luckily I didn't get it too bad and was back to normal in about 6 months. After that, I have been symptom free of lupus. However, I have found in recent years, I never seem to get a cold of flu. At times, I feel like I am catching something and might feel a bit nasal for half a day and then suddenly all symptoms go and I am perfectly normal. I think this is quite strange and wonder if my immune system is overactive and kills any bugs before they take hold of me. Of course not getting sick is a good thing but to me it seems abnormal. Has anyone else has ever experienced this kind of thing?