Thread: Has anyone been weaned off of CellCept?

Thanks

Default Has anyone been weaned off of CellCept?

I was diagnosed with SLE lupus Feb 2006. I also have lupus nephritis. Ive been given Cellcept for the nephritis. I started my dose of Cellcept March 2006. I keep in close contact with my nephrologist (kidney dr) who closely monitors me with blood/urine tests. Slowly but surely, the test results showed some improvement in the protein in my urine. So, my Dr has been slowly weaning my doses of Cellcept. As of last month, I have weaned down to zero. My next appt is Dec 4th, and I will need to get blood/urine work done prior to that visit. Hope all goes well.

One less medication to take.

Anyone else had success with Cellcept? :?:
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

On it now, but I am happy for you.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Buddhabelly;
    That is wonderful news!! Hopefully you will be able to maintain your zero level and your kidney function will go back to normal! I always love to hear good news and this was good news!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Hope all stays well. My next neprhologist appt is dec 9th, but will be getting bloodwork/urine tests before. I'll update you when I go to my next appt.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Has anyone else have the same experience?
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

Buddabelly, doctors are all so different in their approach. I'm on cellcept (no nephritis, but heart/lung stuff.) I've been on it for close to 2 years now. I asked rheumy about going off, but she's reluctant to do that. I hope you do really well without cellcept - I'm still lobbying to get off the stuff, so I'm pulling for ya!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

:? I'm really curious to find out the results of my next blood tests and urine tests. I'll have to wait til Dec. 9th, that's my next nephrologist appt. Hope all turns out well. :?

Just a little nervous because I've been on Cellcept since 2006. I know my doctor has kept tabs on me closely, and weaned down my doses slowly, following my dr's directions. I'm grateful that it helped me, but should I keep taking it to maintain my good test results? Oh I don't know. Just thinking to myself. My doctor's in charge, so we'll see what happens on my next visit.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Crossing our fingers with you :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!