Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ants,Ants, Ants

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Ants,Ants, Ants

Remember when I had my cricket problem. Now it's ants. My neighbor next door, and I am sending the ants back-and-forth to each other. They love the kitchen counter by our communal wall. He sprays, then my boyfriend sprays, and the saga continues. Can't afford an exterminator! If any one can help us with this problem I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

I hate them and I am allergic. It sucks becaus they travel in that terribly long line and they are hard to get rid of. I use something like lysol with bleach to spray the whole line and drown them in it. Sounds cruel but I have almost died a few times from ant bites and I dont want to find out if my daughter will have the same reaction. It seems to work best to get rid of them first and then to spray with an ant spray around the entire room that they are usually found in. I think mine might have come directly from outside so I dont know how that would work with them going back and forth from you neighbors, but this method has been working for me for the last few years. It took longer to get them out of my room because too many heavy furniture pieces that I cannot spray around.

Thanks

We have had luck with a syrup type stuff. I think it is called Terro or Terra. You put a small dot of it on a piece of cardboard and let them come and eat it. They take it back to the nest and it kills them all. Usually takes less than a week to work. This is a battle we fight every summer. Good luck.
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

I believe Raid puts out a liquid as well...I sit there and tell them to eat up my pretties hahahahaha

They take it back to the nest and poof dey gone. Just make sure you put the drops in one of their walkie paths, and a place where pets and children wont decide to take a taiste.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Funny you mentioned because we have had alot of ants at work on our desk this week, must be that time of the year.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's definitely that time of year here in Oxnard, CA. I was talking to someone (don't remember who) but they had an ant problem too.

Thanks

My mom has a problem with the little bugs that look like lady bugs, but they are brownish/orange instead of red. They swarm the outside of her house, get inside and smell really bad. Any ideas about these?

Thanks

Hey colts,

I wonder if those are Asian Lady Beetles, they seem to travel in large numbers.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I don't know that I have ever heard of Asian lady beetles. Do you know how to get rid of them? They really stink if you kill them. When my daughter was younger, she tried to carry one around and broke out in a rash. The must secrete something. Funny thing is, I live about two blocks from her and I don't get them here.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Drinkofwtr;
    It is so funny that you should mention your ant problem. Last week, I opened up my FREEZER and was taken aback. I thought that my husband had poured coffee grounds all over the items in the freezer! So, I angrily called him and asked him to come into the kitchen. It was my intent to read him the riot act! However, as I looked closer, I saw that it was actually millions of DEAD ANTS!!!
    I am so perplexed....why would they crawl into my freezer by the thousands and die? Somewhere, out there in ant kingdom, there is a wanted poster for the scout ant who led them all to my freezer :lol:
    My husband and I discarded everything in the freezer (including the ants). Which meant a trip to Costco to replenish (I refused to eat anything that was covered with ants..blah!)

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!