Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: as you get older

Thanks

Hey Cheryl,
    I wish there were more people out there like you. I was fortunate that my mom quit her job and stayed home to babysit when I had my first one. I was young and way overprotective. (still am). There aren't very many people around here that will keep your kids except for those big daycare centers where your kids are a number not a person. When I was a teenager, I used to babysit. They don't even do that anymore. Weird I guess. Anywho, kudos to you for being on the side of the kids.
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Hi SITC,
    I gave myself my B12 shot this morning. These shots are miserable as they sting. The needle is not the problem, it is the medication that burns. The darned medication is devil red lol. I started giving myself the shots in July, because it cost to much to go to the doctor every month for the shot. The worst time I had was the first time that I had to inject myself, the fear factor was there big time, but my twin was visiting and she bolstered me to do it and get it over with. I asked the doctor what would happen if I did not take these shots and he told me right out that I would die from either a heart attack or a stroke. I did not like that picture, so I have to do the shots. It stinks, but the ulturnative is worse.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Kathy. What are the B12 shots exactly for? I here of many people of various ages saying they're going in for their B12 shot. Sorry yours is needed so severely. Hope your health stays up.
    Is it really hard to give yourself the shot? How do you make yourself do it the first time? Must take lots of courage. I've had those shots were the med burns, do not like either :shock: .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hi Cheryl,
    I have to take the Vitamin B12 shots once a month, because I have Pernicious Anemia. I got diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia in April of this year. I was going to the doctor to get the shot, but then I found out that I could not afford to go and get the shot thanks to my insurance. I had to learn to give myself the shot in July. Boy the first shot I gave myself in July was a real nightmare to say the least. My twin sister was visiting and she helped to calm me down and coax me along. I don't think that I could have done it if she was not here. After stressing out severely until I got physically sick and managed to give myself the shot, I realised that it was not that bad after all. I mean sure it hurt, but I have no option, I have to have the shots or I will die. I know when I tried to tell the doctor how scared I was about injecting myself his response was to laugh at me and tell me that he had little old ladies that inject themselves. I nearly cried and got out of there as fast as I could.

I believe that the Lupus has attacked my intestines and stomach and damaged the Periatel cells so now I can not produce Intrinsic Factor which you need to absorb Vitamin B12 from foods. Your body needs B12 to produce red blood cells. I hope that this helps to explain it.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:

Thanks

Kathy,
    Wow! I guess we all have more strength than we think we do. I hate needles myself. Getting blood drawn is a nightmare for me.
    That really makes me angry about your insurance company. Who are they to decide that your doctor can't do that for you. It always makes me wonder, if they had to do what they make everyone else do, would the rules change any at all?
    I was going to ask you yesterday. How is your daughter now? Was she young enough to not be to severely damaged by what happened to her?

Thanks

Hi Coltsfan,
    My daughter is 23 years old and married with a beautiful little boy. She was 3 years old when she got molested by a 7 year old girl. She is ok from it. I mean at first she was very upset about it, but thank heavens I had taught my kids about good and bad touches and to tell if anyone did anything to them that was not right. She immediately told the babysitter what the girl had done to her. I talked to her about it and that the little girl that did that to her was being hurt by her uncle you know when we found out about it and that she did this to my daughter out of frustration about what was happening to her. Thank heavens the girl did not damage my daughter, but my daughter was very leary of older children after that experience. My daughter only mentioned it a few times through the years, but she knows that I did not just say oh well. I acted on it and got the Uncle arested and the children taken out of that home and placed in foster care pending adoption. My daughter grew up to be a very good person and works at a really good job and is married with her own son now. She is fiercely protective of her little boy too. I think that her being molested has made her that way too and she told me that she will teach her son and any other child she may have in the future about good and bad touches just like I did her and her brother. I told my daughter that there are good and bad people in this world and that she has got to be careful of who she associates with. I don't know what else to say other then that thank god she was not damaged.

Hugs,
    Kathy

Medications:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Coltsfan:

I don't think any of us knows what the future holds for us in this economy.
    I just know that I am getting up there in age, and I don't feel well. Don't really know how much longer I can keep working, even P/T.

Thanks

Kathy,
    I am so glad everything turned out well for her. And you get a wonderful grandchild. Hopefully that is far into the future for me. My daughter will be 16 in two months.
    How are you feeling today? Do you get sick after you take your B12 shot?
    DrinkofWtr,
    I know what you mean. It is scary not knowing what is going to happen. I know that my retirement fund has lost a little of $6000 just this year. Hopefully it turns around quickly. Maybe after the election is over, things will even out. Then we can have a boom and maybe you can retire a little early. I always say maybe I'll win the lottery and get to quit, but I don't play.

Thanks

Thanks Kathy, that explains it well. I like learning new info. Info junkie at times ops: , full of sinceless knowledge.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hi Coltsfan,
    How are you doing today. I fortunately do not get sick from the B12 shots, in fact I get to feeling better after them. I guess my body starts to deplete the B12 and that shot restores me to normal. I have gotten to where I can do the shots without any problems. It is just a shock is all when you find out that you have to inject anything into your own self, but I am ok with it now.

Hugs,
    Kathy

Medications: