Thread: Greetings from Malaysia

Thanks

Default Greetings from Malaysia

Hello everyone

My name is Chet and I'm from Malaysia. I discovered this forum while googling for info on yogurt and lupus.

I was diagnosed with lupus in 1994 and have been through various periods of flares and remissions. I finally quit my job in July 2007 after realising that it was making me ill. The irony of that was I'd stayed in the job because of the medical benefits - the company was paying for my medical check-ups, bills and medications, but it was also making me ill. Or rather, the people I was working with. After quitting my job, my friends have been telling me how much better I look now!

I now work from home, tapping into my skills in writing and editing. I also set up and manage websites. I am currently webadmin for the websites (in 3 languages) of the Malaysian SLE Association.

I look forward to being an active member of this forum.

Thanks

Welcome Chet

Glad you found us. Sounds like you are taking very good care of yourself. Congrats!

How are you feeling over all, now that you are working from home? As much at work can add to my stress levels it motivates me to get moving in the mornings.

paying the bills is a good motivater as well.

I'm not diagnosed yet. My mother had lupus and my sister has it as well. I've had symptoms since I was 19; I'm 48 now....

My rheumy is not interested in chasing down blood work for lupus (I do not think much of her, but it's difficult to see anyone else) she does have me on plaquenil which is helping alot.

Looking foreward to reading more from you.
    Oh look ... a cookie

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Chet,

We have members from just about every corner of the world here, but I think Malaysia is a first. I just wanted to say welcome, and make yourself at home!

Rob

Thanks

Hi Chet,
    Just wanted to stop in and say welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Just curious, why yogurt?
    Anyway, welcome, talk to you soon.
    Robyn
    PS. The people I work with make me sick too, but in a totally non-medical way. :lol:
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Hi Chet,
    Welcome to the site. This is a great site with a lot of really good folks that come in here.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hello Chet!

Welcome to our forum family. Its great having new friends from across the world.

Ever since I was diagnosed, its been almost 3 years, I've never realized how often I have to visit my doctors. Thank goodness for health insurance, without it, I could not afford all my doctor appointments. I see a nephrologist every 2-3 months, a rheumatologist, eye doctor, etc... Also my medications can add up too.

There are days where I wish I can quit working, but Id lose my health insurance. Guess that gives me the motivation to go to work.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Chet and welcome to our family :lol: You've already met some of our members and you've gotten a taste of how friendly and caring they can be.

I'm glad that you were able to quit your job and find another means of employment that was much more conducive to your health. I hope that you continue to look (and feel) better!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!