Thread: Hello hello <3

Thanks

Default Hello hello <3

hi my name is ashley! I'm 20 years old and i was recently diagnosed with lupus in April 2008. i just went through my first summer. And on my way to my first winter. i found out that had lupus when i became terribly ill and had no idea what was wrong with me. I'm the only one in my family that has lupus. And i am now ready to visit the world and find people that understand the way i do. I'm looking forward to meeting all of u and hearing your stories.. :0)

Thanks

Hi y3lhsa,
    Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy and I also have Lupus. I have had this illness for over 45 years. I did not get diagnosed until I was 36 years old. Years ago in the 70's, 80's and 90's it was very hard to get the doctors to listen to you and test you for Lupus. The doctors are finally becomming more aware of this disease and the seriousness of it. They seem to be listening to the patients more. I am glad of that too. For years I had to listen to doctors tell me that I was worrying and stressing needlessly, because there was nothing wrong with me. It was terrible. I nearly died when the Lupus started attacking my heart muscle and that is how I finally got diagnosed. I have been on medication since 1996 and the doctor told me right out that I will be on medications for the rest of my life. He believes that I have had Lupus since around the age of 5. I will be 50 in December. I have learned a lot of ways to deal with this illness over the years and yet every now and then I screw up and end up in a flare. Well I just want to welcome you to the forum. There are a lot of nice folks that come in here and you will meet some of them. Rob is our new moderator and Saysusie is great and a moderator too. They have a wealth of information. Please keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Welcome y3lhsa!!

I'm glad you found this website. I was officially diagnosed with SLE lupus Feb 2006 at age 30. I was so scared and lost. I had no idea what lupus was and what was in the store for me down the road. Im so grateful to have found this forum and so lucky to have met the wonderful people here. Many people arent familiar with lupus, and Ive gotten tired of explaining it to everyone. :? Only my family and those closest to me know that I have lupus.

The aches and pains, doctor visits, medications, etc... can be frustrating. :cry: And its hard for my loved ones to understand how Im feeling. So, Im blessed to have found this new family; ones that know about it and are living through it. Ive learned so much, and understand more and more about lupus through everyone's different stories and experiences.

Hope you'll turn to us for support, guidance, and friendship. Post up even if you need to vent and complain. We'll be here to listen.

Welcome again! Have a good day! 8)
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

Welcome Ashley -

You've some to the right place for support and friendship. There are many young people on this site. Hopefully, you will hear from some of them very soon.

(Of course, I consider myself young at 47...ancient to you, I know! I have daughters your age). :lol:

Have a wonderful day. I'm happy you found us. I hope you are feeling well today.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

thank you everyone. i don't feel so crazy anymore.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Ashley,

I'm Rob. I'm 40 and I was diagnosed with SLE in 04'. I see you've already met some of our members. If you are looking for others who understand what it's like to live with Lupus, then you are in the right place. Lupus can be a terribly lonely thing to live with, especially if you have no one in your life who understands the disease. You'll find people here who have lived with Lupus for many years, as well as newly diagnosed people like yourself.

I know this must all seem overwhelming for you. When I was first diagnosed, I honestly thought my life was over, or at least any semblance of a quality life would never happen. That was 5 years ago, and although Lupus is no picnic, I have lived, and I do enjoy life very much. Others here have lived with the disease for many, many years, and are not only living, but thriving. So have hope, and know that you are not alone. Welcome to our group, and make yourself at home!

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Ashley :lol:

Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Ashley,
    Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm pretty new here, but the people are just wonderful. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    live, love and laugh often.