Thread: I'm a newbie !

Thanks

Default I'm a newbie !

I'm Keisha . My fiancee has been pretty sick for months and we now believe it to be Lupus. Still waiting for the offical diagnosis mainly b/c alot of his symptoms have been misdiagnosed for years. We are getting married this December and are adjusting to this whole thing.
    Keisha
    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger ! We must be stronger right ?

Thanks

Hi Keisha,
    Welcome to the forum. This is a good site. There are a lot of us with Lupus that comes in here and there are quite a few that are awaiting an official diagnosis. Is your fiancee seeing a Rheumatologist? Have they put him on any medications yet? What are the symptoms that your fiancee is having? I think that it is great that you have come here for him. I hope that he gets some answers and that he can get to feeling better. Rob is one of the moderators in here and he has Lupus and MS. I hope that you keep comming in here to post?

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

He hasn't been to the rheu . yet . His GI finally ordered tests for Lupus. He has so many symptoms. It started out as leg swelling then progressed to chest pain , shortness of breath ,stomach pain , tingling hands/feet , head sores , joint pain, headaches, mood swings , sweating , muscle spasms , fatigue, nausea and other minor weird things. He has had a liver enzyme test , EKG, heart cath , endoscope , pancreas test , test for blood clots , Hidascan , echo , cbc , kidney function test and many more tests. All negative !! This week they finally mentioned Lupus after they relized he never had the ulcers they thought he had .He has been in the hospital for 4 days and had like 6 ER trips in the last 4 months. So, he had 3 stomach biopsies, a CRP , ESR , ANA and a GGT done on Friday. We should hear something tomorrow . They finally believed us when after his endoscope he turned orange & got majorly nauseous .Until now they wouldn't treat him with anything but , prilosec. Until now I think they thought it was in his head. So, I started him on fish oil, EPO , and vitamins out of desperation. He now limits his sun time and gets a nap everyday. We both can tell a big difference from that. He is still in alot of pain though. I just want someone to figure out what this is .
    Keisha
    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger ! We must be stronger right ?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Luvinmyninja :lol:

From the symptoms you've described, your boyfriend could very well have Lupus with some involvement in his lungs and possibly central nervous system. The joint pains, headaches, fatigue, nausea and head sores are all common symptoms of Lupus. The problem is, Lupus mimics so many other diseases. So, it is just as possible that your boyfriend may be suffering from one of the other auto-immune disorders.
    In any case, I do hope that he is referred to a rheumatologist and that they start treating his symptoms soon so that he can get some relief from his symptoms.
    You and he are doing the absolute correct thing by avoiding exposure to the sun and making sure that he gets recuperative rest.
    Everyone here is willing to help you to help him in any way that we can. He is very lucky to have you :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!