Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on St. James

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Update on St. James

Dear Members;
    Some of you are very new here and have not met our other Moderator, St. James. He has been a member of our WHL family for several years. However, for the past two years, he has been suffering greatly.

He and his wife have both been diagnosed with MS; his Lupus has been out-of-control for over a year, and just recently, he has been diagnosed with a serious heart condition. He has had two surgeries for his heart, but has not been able to get his MS or Lupus under control.

To add to his stress regarding his health, his wife's MS is quite serious and watching her declining health has injured his soul so much more than watching his own declining health.

St. James has become a personal friend whom I care very much for. As such, I feel so helpless. I am asking that we hold him and his wife in our thoughts and, if you are so inclined, our prayers. James gave me permission to let all of you know exactly what was going on with him. He misses us terribly, but is just not able to participate at this time.

Thank You All for being here for one another. I feel blessed to be a part of this family.

Always with Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Gentle hugs to you Saysusie,

Of course they are in my prayers and thoughts. I pray that they will be watched over, guided and comforted through these trying times.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Saysusie,
    I talked with James when he was able to come in here. I will keep him and his wife in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Saysusie,

Thank you sharing this info with us. I have often wondered how he was doing. I will certainly lift he and his wife up in my prayers.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

St. James is one of the very first people I met, and interacted with when I first became a member here. I was pretty cautious, and apprehensive about talking to anyone at that point. The fact that I could talk to him "man to man" certainly helped me open up, but his personality is what really brought the walls down. He's the kind of person who you feel comfortable, and familiar with, right from the start. Like you've known them for years.

I've exchanged some E-mails with him, and I know things are bad. I have not heard from him in months though. I know that for every day I log in here and see his name listed as a moderator here, yet I don't see him post, that things are not good. He would not stay away without a reason.

And what a character he is too! A great sense of humor, and one of the finest musicians there are. The next time you talk to James Saysusie, please tell him I said Hello. I hope to see him here again.

Rob

Thanks

I have not had the opportunity to talk to James, but they will both be in my prayers tonight.
    Get well soon.
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

He's in my prayers as well.

My SO has MS, her health has been marginal throughout the time since she's been diagnosed. Her MS is progressive, not remitting/relapsing, so no meds really help. It is hard to stand by and not be able to "make it better."

My heart goes out to both St. James and his wife - the impact of multiple conditions piled on top of each other has to be so stressful. Hopefully knowing that all of us are sending our support, prayers and thoughts of encouragement will help wrap them in the comfort of our caring.
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Thanks for sharing that with us, Saysusie. Of course, he'll be in my prayers, as will his wife. What a hard road for them both. I've often wondered about St. James, and how things were going. It was clear they weren't going well or we would've been blessed with his insights more often. I pray God will give them the comfort they need right now.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you all for always being so giving :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

8) :shock: 8)

HOW WONDERFULL to COME HOME and see such NICE compassionate things being said about my wife and myself.......THANK YOU KINDLY !!!!

AS SUZ said it hs been a tough ROAD of TWO and 1/2 years and it was all UPHILL!!!

I have been in the HARDEST FIGHT of my life......I had a heart attack in late AUGUST and ended up having 2 STINTS put in...with more surgery to come......in OCTOBER they went back in to finish the job and found oneof the FIRST stints clogged with SCARE TISSUE....it was fixed and twop more stints were put in......I am now facing more surgery to the valve and HOPEFULLY then I can relax for awhile.

Thanks for remembering me and for the kind words.

TILL THEN GOD BLESS AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR REMEMBERING ME !!!!

ST JAMES 8)

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....