Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so thirsty

Thanks

Default so thirsty

For the last 3 or 4 days, I have been so thirsty. I can't seem to get enough to drink. I will drink an entire glass of water and my mouth will still be dry. Anyone else? Any ideas?
    live, love and laugh often.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have you had your blood sugar tested lately? It might be a good idea for you to do so. Often, this type of thirst can be an indication of diabetes.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Saysusie's right. I had that thirst issue a while back and thought now way. Can't be high blood sugar, I have no other signs. Well my sugar level was border-line high. Doc said it could have been the steroids I was on at the time. Some raise blood sugar, some just make you thirsty. Found my hubby had border-line high blood sugar as well. Doc said it was from stress at work. Said stress, wether mental or physical, can raise blood sugar. He put me on a low calorie diet, hubby too. Said the key was to have balanced portions of all food groups. Also just to watch our intake of calories until our blood sugars went down. Got retested and his is 101 and mine is 98, not bad of a couple months of the diet. Funny, I eat more on the balance diet than before. I even lost a couple pounds.

Seriously, have your sugar checked. High blood sugar puts you more at risk for heart attachs and strokes. Forgot, I used to suck on a peppermint to help. Don't know why, but it did help.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Blood sugar ok. Just had it tested, when they did all the other blood work. Today has been better, only mildly thirsty. But running to the potty all day. Guess all the water caught up with me.
    I'm gonna try the peppermint thing. Can't hurt.
    Thanks guys.

Thanks

On any meds? What was your sugar? I hope you get relief, I remember how annoying it was. Sometimes hot tea helped. I notice I seem thirsty, but its my mouth just so dry. Hope the peppermint thing helps you like it did me.
    Cheryl

Thanks

They didn't tell me what it was, just that it was ok. I may run to my mother's tonight and have her check it again. My aunt and grandmother both diabetic, so mom watches her sugar.
    Hot tea? Really? Can it be flavored or just plain hot tea?
    Now that you mention it that way. It is that my mouth is just very dry. Even after you take a drink, it feels like cotton.

Thanks

Hi Coltsfan,
    I am wondering if you may have Sjogrens with the Lupus. That would account for the dry mouth and the thirst. Has the doctor mentionned this to you? I am wondering is all.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi Kathy,
    I have not been to see the rheumy yet. I know they did a lot of blood work, but it was ordered by my ob/gyn. I haven't really ever had this problem before. Just the occasion thirst from certain foods. Usually, I have an overactive salivary gland in my cheeks. If I eat very warm foods, I can feel it coming out of the gland in my cheek. (which is very weird)
    I will ask them about it, just to be sure. Thanks for wondering.

Thanks

The tea can be flavored. Its wierd, but the heat produces moisture in my mouth and sooths the dry throat I always have as well with the thirst.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I drink so much that I do not eat. I have been like that since I was a kid. I had one strange glucose tests but none that suggested anything else that I know of. Just seems to dehydrate easily or something. Try not to go for sodas and juices I have gained about 50lbs this year and I wasnt even eating. Try to drink water until you et to the doc for me water tends to make me more thirsty and nauseated. Stay out of the heat. Hope yours continues to get better