Thread: I got the bill today...

Thanks

Default I got the bill today...

for all of the blood work that the rheumatologist did.

My portion alone after insurance was over $600.

What I want to know is when a doc wants to un a test to confirm once again a positive lupus screen, ana, whatever it is called do ins. co. pay for that again? I mean the ins.payment was well over $3000. How can docs justify this needing to reconfirm over and over again?

k

Thanks

Hugsss NoodleMom

Photo copy that bill and keep it in your wallet. Next time a doctor wants to run the tests again, pull it out and staple it to their forehead and say "I dont think so!"

Also keep a copy of the positive blood results and staple that one to their butt.

Hugsss to ya, you must be pretty ticked off right about now.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Noodlemom,
    I hear where you are comming from. I have had the same thing happen to me more times than I care to think about and it has gotten to the point where I will tell them straight out that test aint getting run again! When they say well the doctor wants this test again, then I tell them well run the test and bill it to him then and they usually change their mind and don't run it lol. I think it is disgusting, if a test is positive once then the chances are it is going to be positive again. It is not right as it is just like they are looking for more and more money from us patients. I also think that it is disgusting that doctors treat us like this.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Last time I went to the rheumy (a new rheumy for me) she told me that sometimes when they set up labs for patients who need regular bloodwork, the lab tech will just run a complete set each time 'just to be sure'. She said that when I go the lab (this is a big clinic) I should tell them to just do the standing order labs and not everything, and if they aren't sure what that is to call the docs office. She said if she needed additional lab tests for me, she would be sure the orders were written that way. The doc was concerned that unnecessary lab tests were being done on chronically ill patients and costing them lots of extra $$. Good for her, huh?

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."