Thread: Hi everyone! Keep strong...

Thanks

Default Hi everyone! Keep strong...

hi everyone,

My name is Meena. I'm a 21 year old female who was diagnosed with SLE when I was 14. I suffered from a severe haemolytic aneamia when I was first diagnosed and was left extremely ill. It took a few years to clear up (with the help of Rituximab) but once it did, it was brilliant for a number of years.
    However, in January I had another severe flare up and was told i had lupus nephritis, type IV. I've had to put my entire life on hold to fight the lupus and am still going. I've even postponed my final year at university in London and have moved back home-it's hard not to feel robbed of my life on my worst days.
    I've had 7 pulses of cyclophosphamide, and although things started off great, am now feeling like I'm relapsing with increased fatigue, body ache, crying spells and headaches. I'm being told that things will get better eventually (which I have full hope in) but it's proving difficult to continue being strong each and every single minute of the day...because that's exactly what you have to try and be with this disease. I know things will get better eventually...I'm just tring to keep it together in my head.

All my love for everyone going through their personal battles with lupus.

Meena

Thanks

Hi Meena,
    Welcome to the site. There are a lot of great folks that come in here. My name is Kathy and I have had Lupus for a very very very long time. I will be 50 in December. I have been lucky so far that the Lupus has not attacked my kidneys. I have had the Lupus attack my heart and lungs and all of my joints etc. I hope that you keep posting and I hope to get to know you. I hope that you are feeling ok today.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Meena;
    Welcome to our family :lol: There are a lot of people here who truly understand what you are going through. I know that it is hard to be patient when you are suffering from so many symptoms. Maintaining hope becomes such a difficult thing to do sometimes. But, you will find that many of us have gone through the serious flare-ups, the long recoveries, the new flare-ups and yet another long road of recovery. So, we understand how you feel.
    We are all here to help you as much as we can. I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to become a part of our family.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!