Thread: The results are in

Thanks

Default The results are in

Ok. The rheumy called back today and there is a mix of good and bad news.

He confirmed my Lupus SLE (this is only the 5th time it has been confirmed for petes sake) and confirmed Reynauds (again multiple times I have been told I have this).

He also confirmed Sjogrens but labled it as a mild case, or secondary and will go over it with me in more depth at my recheck in January.

He ruled out Hughs Syndrom (antiphosolipid antibod syndrom (sp)) so I guess that it good. He also said that my results show I may be on the upside and heading for remission. Because of that and because I had expressed my desire for children he did not want to put me on plaquenil just yet. He said the less medicines I take the better. In three months he will recheck everything and see where we are.

While it is good that my bloods are improving I would dearly like to know why I feel like poo. I am so tired and so achy all over. This cold weather is really not helping. I hate to say it but I saw snow flakes here today!! I guess I just have to keep muddling through and have some faith the doc is right and I am getting better regardless if I feel it or not.

So here I am. In no mans land.
    I just want to dance in the rain and stand in the sun...

Thanks

Hi Deester,
    I am glad that your results are in. I am sorry to hear that you do have Lupus and secondary Sjogrens. I am glad that you don't have the Antiphospholipid syndrome. There are a lot of us Lupies that do not have this, yet we have the secondary Sjogrens. I think that your doctor is doing good by you. I hope that you do indeed go into remission. With Lupus I have found that it is cyclic and you go in and out of remission. Try and avoid the sun as much as possible and try not to over do it and get over tired and hopefully you will go fully into remission. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hugsss deester

How are you feeling about all this? Glad your blood work is looking better.

As for feeling icky even though your blood work looks better seems to be par for the course.

I've been told I look WONDERFUL on paper, when I'm swollen out and can barely walk :shock:
    Oh look ... a cookie