Thread: New member

Thanks

Default New member

Hey everyone! I am knew to the forum and would like to tell everyone a little bit about myself. I am 41 years old and was diagnosed with lupus when I was 31. When I was diagnosed, it was estimated that I have had lupus since 1987. I have had a lot of ups and downs with lupus, however, I try to keep in my mind "it could be worse". I am fortunate enough to live by myself with some help from family, friends, and neighbors. So far, the lupus has effected my joints, muscles, peripheral and central nervous systems. Will gladly answer any questions concerning my experiences.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Donna :lol:
    Welcome to our family. Many of us, after receiving a diagnosis, have determined that we suffered from Lupus symptoms for many years prior to finally receiving a diagnoses. Many of us have even gone back to our High School or Jr. High School days and realized that the aches and pains that we were suffering from then were probably due to Lupus :cry:
    I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join our family. We would love to learn more about you and we are more than willing to help you in any way that we can.
    You will find that the members here are very knowledgeable, caring, comforting, and extremely supportive. Once again....welcome.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Donna,
    Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy and I was diagnosed at the age of 36 with Lupus, but have had it for a very very long time before I got diagnosed. I will be 50 in December and they believe that I have had Lupus since around 1965 or there abouts. A very long long time. In my case I guess it was just mild and done got missed until the Lupus fully manifested itself in 1995. I got diagnosed in 1996 when it started affecting my heart muscle and lungs etc. I am glad that they finally figured it out and put me on medication. This is a great site. I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Donna,

I'm Rob. I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004. I'm 40, and like you, I live alone and get alot of help from my family and friends who don't live very far. They really make a difference. I believe that I was suffering from SLE long before my official diagnosis as well. Sounds like you have been living with, and managing your Lupus for quite awhile now. Your experience is really a valuable thing. Many of our members here are newly diagnosed, and scared. To talk to a person like yourself, and Kathy, can really help the new people. They see that in many cases, Lupus can be managed, and a person can still have a fulfilling life despite it. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome, and make yourself at home.

Rob