Thread: Burning in right ankle

Thanks

Default Burning in right ankle

Hello all, could someone tell me if they have had a burning sensation in there ankle? I have had this now for 4 months and it doesnt go away! :?:

Thanks

Hi bntshep

Need a little more info, is there any swelling? Is the area hot t the touch with the skin around it being cooler?

Is it the just the skin that feels hot or is it deeper?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi SITC, no there is no swelling, not hot or red. I didnt know if it had anything to do with the "nerve" thing. I am not sure. I just wish that I didnt have this because of all the pain I go through!! UGGH :bad-words:

Thanks

Hi Bntshep,

I am wondering if you have been tested for Neuropathy? Have you told the doctor? Maybe they could perscrible Neurontin for you. Are you on Prednisone? That could cause burning in the feet, but I don't know about the ankle. I hope that you can get some answers for this problem.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hey Bntshep

Well if there's no swelling or hot spots ... it's not what I was thinking :lol:

You should go get it check out. Best to know for sure what you are dealing with.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi KathyW1958
    No I havent been diagnosed with that, but my psych has put me on Neurontin and it seem to help a little with the "stings and tingles" but it still burns. I think I have to have a MRI again, its been a couple of years. Do I tell my rheumy that, or is he going to look at me like I am nuts? I tell this to my drs but it just goes on unnoticed. I am soo confused. I also want to add that sometimes when I am in a store, it feels like I am going to pass out if I walk around too much? Does this make any sense? :roll:
    "I have Lupus, but Lupus doesn't have me"

Thanks

Hi bntshep

By all means tell your rheumy about the tingles and the burning and feeling faint.

Hope you get some answers and relief soon.

Gentle hugs to ya.
    Oh look ... a cookie