Thread: traveling pains???

Thanks

Default traveling pains???

For about 5 months straight (maybe longer) I suffered from upper back and neck pain. Once I was diagnosed with lupus and fibro and put on pain meds, the pain finally started to go away. Then, last week my upper back and shoulders went out on me but a couple of days later the pain went away. Now my left arm has totally locked up at the bend (right around the elbow) and its been like this for about a week. I can't do anything with my left arm. Has this happened to anyone else??? Not to mention the constant brain fog for about 4 months now. I'm so tired of this lupus and I've only known about it for 2 months now. HELP!

Thanks

Before I got diagnosed I was sent to physical therapy because my I could n longer use my left arm it locked at the shoulder, My neck would barely turn, and my right arm was ony slightly more useable than my left. I was doing horrible. I was in school and everyday around ten I would get the uncontrollabe urge to sleep I ended up failing both of my eleven o'clock classes. Idk if the sleepiness will ever go away, but since starting the Plaquenil my arms are doing muh better theres still pain but anything is better than that pain I had before. Also I take etolodac daily to help with the swelling it helps alot. The locking may go away on its own, when its cold it gets worse well it did for me so try heating pads and keeping that area warm. Physical therapy hurts but it can help. Also if it continues let your doctor know, they can give you a shot for it. I dont know if the shots work because I waited too long and they say that my shoulders to damaged for the shot to work. I think its some kind of steroid. ANyway I hope you feel better soon. That brain fog, cant stand it

Thanks

Hi tyarishaese

jaideni makes a great point. Are you and if your not can you see a physical therapist?

I went for my knees and my neck. They gave me some activities I can do to keep my limber. It really did help alot and when I find myself stiffening up I know what to do.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thank you very much for the response. Also, just to update: the pain moved up my arm and now my arm is locked at the should all the way to my wrist. I have an appt with my rheumy on Thursday. I can't wait!

Thanks

Good luck at your appointment! Let us know how you make out.

Hope tomorrow is better for you
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Well, my arm is still locked up, it's been about a week or a little more now. It feels like a spasm that won't go away... Isn't lupus great?

Thanks

Gentle hugs to ya tyarishanese

Tomorrow's your appointment, hope you get some relief.
    Oh look ... a cookie