Thread: health insurance

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default health insurance

Hi, im 22 yrs old and I am still under my mothers insurance sine I am still a full time student. But next year I will have to find insurance of my own and my job insurance is not helpful. So I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get some insurance? I heard it would be exspensive. Thanks
    "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are several different type of health insurances for full-time students.
    * Student Health Insurance - www.student-health-insurance-rates.com
    * www.ehealthinsurance.com
    * www.studentshealthinsurance.com
    * www.acsa.com
    * www.uhcsr.com
    * www.estudentinsurance.com
    * www.studentdoc.com

Hopefully, someone will pop in who has more information for you.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you very much
    "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Let me know if any of them are helpful to you at all!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

This is a tough issue we also have to face! I have had to deal with this over the last two months. It is almost impossible to find independent insurance coverage with our conditions. I did find a loop whole......an expensive loop hole!
    uppydogeyes:

I was with my employer for seven years, left to go work for another company and was laid off before I even started! I was unable to go back to my previous employer; therefore, I was job less and had no insurance. I know we all understand that we HAVE to have insurance with all the doctors visits, medical tests and medications. I spent an entire day calling insurance companies looking for some form of coverage. I ended up at Blue Cross Blue Shield. They have a plan that is known as PORTABILITY COVERAGE. As long as you have had insurance for 18 months straight with no interuptions,they have to cover you. Now, they have to cover you but they can charge as much as they want.

I have a plan that has a $2000 deductible, ok medication co-pays and pretty good co-pays for docors viits. The bad part,it is $500 a month. I enrolled in the cheap plan :lol:

So, there is ways but you have to make sure you do not let a long period of time go by where you are not covered at all and the cheapest I have found is with an employer who pays for it regardless of pre-existing. Let me know if youhave any questions or would like me to send you a number you can call. Good luck! I know this is frustrating but hang in there, things always get better

Hereare afew things to look at:

http://careerplanning.about.com/cs/l...es/a/hipaa.htm

http://www.arizonaplans.com/News/200...ortability.htm
    (I know the last one is for Arizona but it gives you and idea)
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

It is impossible to get insurance with a preexisting condition. This is the this is the year that we must work to get some sort of reform.