Thread: Hello All, New here.

Thanks

Default Hello All, New here.

Hello All, I am new to this forum or any forum for that matter. But I thought it would be good to talk to people that are going through the same thing. I do have alot of family support but sometimes feel that friends and co workers don't understand, especially when I miss work because i can not move.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Hconn,

Welcome to the group. I'm Rob and I was diagnosed with SLE in 04'. Talking to others with Lupus can be a huge help in coping with the disease. That's what brought me here too. We're a pretty informal group, so please make yourself at home, and feel free to join in on the conversation whenever you like.

Rob

Thanks

Welcome hconn,

This is a great little site, lots of caring folks. I'm not diagnosed yet. Rhematologists are few and far between here and the good ones have a waiting list a couple of years long.

I have a suckie rheumy who thinks lupus is just a catch phrase doctor's use when they dont know what's really wrong with you...just because I lost my mother to lupus and my sister has it and I've had symptoms since I was 19 (48 yrs old now).

Any way the folks here have been very kind and supportive, they have answered alot of my question.

Looking foreward to reading your posts
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Hconn,
    Welcome to the forum. I sure understand how you feel. I have been dealing with Lupus most of my life, but did not get diagnosed until I was 36 and it nearly killed me. My husband understand now how serious this illness can be and he is supportive. I lost my job, because I was out to often with problems related to the Lupus. I had to give up the job. Well welcome to the site. There are a lot of great folks that come in here.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello hconn;
    Welcome to our family :lol: You've already been greeted by some of our members and have had a taste of how understanding, compassionate and caring this family is.
    You will find that there is always someone here who understands you and who has gone through what you are dealing with. We are here to help you as much as we can and in any way that we can. I'm glad that you joined us.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Hcon

I just joined here too and have found it a great place to relax and have a chat. Everyone here is really understanding and can provide you with good information too.

Saraxx