Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new here-waiting on bloodtest results, and in need of advise

Thanks

So I went to the ER Sunday night. Extreme headache on left side, numbness and tingling on left side of face. This was after I took my daughter to Fright Fest at Six Flags Saturday. I am wondering if this triggered something in me. I cant stand this bullcrap! I cant even do anything normal without getting so sick I go to the ER. I will not get my results until Wednesday, so I am still here...waiting.....I have also become very upset with my weight. I now hit the scales at 198. Last month i was 182. In January i was 178. the year before, i was 155. I am now officially fat. Fat fat fat!

Thanks

Hey Star,
    I feel your pain with the weight. Mine has creeped up also, but my knees hurt so bad, the thought of exercise or walking fills me with dread. I would love to do some kind of water exercise, but I don't know of anyplace around me that does it. If anyone has any ideas of ways to try to lose the weight and save me the pain in my knees, I would be most grateful.
    Robyn
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Starrval -
    Holy Guacamole! Have you ever had anything like the tingling/numbness on the one side of your face before? Are you prone to migraines?

I had a similar thing happen to me in April. After four days of the face/scalp thing, I woke up from a nap to find my entire left side tingling. I went to the ER, stayed two days on stroke watch until the thing also affected my right side. As soon as it was both sides, they weren't as concerned about stroke - and all of my cardio/blood stuff came back good. They ended up calling it a "complicated migraine" which basically means the blood supply gets cut off to your brain because of constricted blood vessels. (stroke is blood supply getting cut off because of a clot - blood or cholesterol).

Here I am 6 months later, still wishing I understood what the heck went wrong. I don't trust my Dr.s at this point. I'm wondering if this is connected to lupus, because I believe that is when a gnarly flare started up for me.

Anyone else had something like this happen to them? The numbness/tingling?

Star - we might be living parallel lives here. I used to maintain about 155 weight without real effort. Now I'm up to 196 and I SWEAR I haven't changed my eating habits. (Thus ,my Ms. Piggy picture.)

I'm so sorry for your frustration, which is completely appropriate given the circumstances. I wish you were close by so I could just give you a big hug :!:
    "What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to Him in prayer." (Old Rugged Cross)

Thanks

2 months ago, I had a similar thing happen. I was at work and my left side went numb and tingly-exactly half, even the lips and tongue. All the same that I experienced but without the excruciating headache. I went to my doc immediately and they told me it was bells palsy-which was strange because i didnt have any facial drooping and it went away in 2 days. it did come back last week for an hour, then sunday it was so severe i didnt feel right at all, so i went to the ER. i am going to see another neurologist thursday, and my doctor called me back to get my rheumatologists info to consult withher for further treatment and she mentioned lupus again. that blood test should be back in tomorrow. watch-it will be negative like it was last time! maybe im one of those negative blood test lupus people!

Thanks

Hi starrval

Let us know how you make out with your results.
    Oh look ... a cookie