Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for diagnosis

Thanks

Hi Susan, the rash seems to arrive before a really bad crash of pain - sometimes a day or so before. doesn't seem to be associated with food but definitely with stress. The thumb pain is horrendous :shock: feeling better this morning though - only woke up once last night for about an hour so feel quite refreshed. Hope you are feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed yourself?

Saraxx

Robyn, you keep right on laughing and keeping the family quessing Just wait 'til I'm really suffereing then the censor will be blowing a fuse :twisted: It's great to laugh when you can though isn't it? Are you well at the moment? Please drop by as often as you like - the more the merrier.

Saraxx

Thanks

Hey Sara,
    I am not too bad at the moment, thanks for asking. Compared to what alot of you are going thru, mine seems light. I have a lot of ouchies right now and last night I woke up with bad night sweats. My first rheumy visit is a ways off, so I am trying pain management with over the counter meds.
    Hope you have a wonderful day! Is your rash getting better?
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Hi Robyn

Know what you mean about the 'ouches', it's all so inconvenient isn't it? Especially when we have kids to look after. My rash is less active at the moment - had a couple of days of blisters which have now dried to little holes on my fingers. The blisters are more prolific on my sore thumb which seems to suggest to me that they are associated with the pain but the Drs just don't seem to get it Never mind - we are luckier than most on this forum, as you say. Some stories here make me feel very humble and I wonder what the heck I'm moaning about - at least I manage to get into work every day even if I have to drag myself there sometimes. Some folks on here can hardly get about at all which must be soooo terrible - let's hope we are the lucky ones who only have minor ouches in the future I daren't even contemplaint being totally imobilised - some people on here seem to cope with such a brave attitude don't they? Been to get my hair done today after work which is always great medicine I find. Going to do some work on my MA this weekend - trying to keep on top of things so they don't build up - that's when the stress kicks in for me and with that comes BIG OUCHES :!: What are you planning for the weekend?

Saraxx

Thanks

Do you ever look back at what you typed and wonder if you are at all literate??? nfire:

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Sometimes I look back at what I typed and not only doubt
    my literacy, but also my sanity. Sometimes I think my cheese
    has slid off my cracker!

Thanks

I love that expression hahahahaha yeh but I'm an English teacher hahaha

Thanks

Sara,
    I feel the same way. I do manage to get to work everyday. However, I do sometimes call the pizza man, cause I am just to worn down to cook.
    I don't have a lot of plans for the weekend. Watching some baseball and football on TV, read, relax. Been kinda hectic this week at work.
    Getting my hair done, that would be great! I will be happy if I have a weekend without the kids fighting. They are 14 and 15. It is a toss up sometimes if they are going to get along, or drive me crazy.
    Your sore thumb. I am curious. Does the whole thumb ache and spread down to your forearm? Both of mine have been like that for a couple of days. Notice it mostly if I try to pick up something, even a piece of paper.
    What kind of english teacher are you? Young kids, teenagers...

Just so you know rob, I have never doubted your sanity. Yet!
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

My kids are 14 and 17 year old girls - fortunately they never have a crossed word so that does make life much easier. They are lovely but they do want to be with me to chat and laugh a lot of the time so even if I sneak off for an early night in bed watching TV they tend to be sprawled out on the bed with me giggling about something or other. I teach English language to adults - used to teach teenagers in school but I enjoy this much more. Actually I am going to be assisstant centre manager in a couple of weeks so that'll mean longer hours and more stress I suppose - but when you've got 2 kids to put through university there's not much option is there?

Do you reckon the Invisible Name-maker is all knowing and can actually see us through our monitors? If so, Robyn, we have to wonder about anyone labelled 'Rabid' don't you think

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I had to laugh at the title "Rabid" Pit Bull when it suddenly appeared. Although I'm pretty much a regular meat and potato, outdoor type of guy, I'm not a dog lover at all. I have 3 cats. go figure. As for not doubting my sanity, stick around Coltsfan!

Sounds like you have an interesting, and satisfying job teaching English to adults Sara. Before my lupus fog and other cognitive problems got really bad, I volunteered with Literacy Volunteers tutoring illiterate adults in my area. It was really a great job. Felt like I was really helping people better themselves in a small way. In that program, most of the students were there because they wanted to be there, so having a person who was eager, and ready to learn was nice.

I always thought about the Bill Murray movie called "Stripes". In one scene, the actor Harold Ramis is an English instructor for people wanting to get their American citizenship. He asks his new class if anyone can speak even a little english. This little Asian fellow in the front row smiles and puts his hand up. The teacher calls on him to say the words he knows. He then says in a heavy accent-"Son of a Beech! Sheet!". Then the whole class repeats it. It's hilarious. Anyway, I've never actually had that happen, but it would have been funny if it did.

Rob

Thanks

I absolutely love my job Rob and it is so true what you say about people wanting to learn, making the job worthwhile. When I think back to the totally disengaged, bottom set year 11 (16yr olds) boys and then I see them coming through the door now at aged 40 - well not exactly the same ones obviously; I'm not that old, but you get the gist. It's like I'm there to say 'See, I told you to work harder in my class' hahaha. They are very very motivated and we have some great laughs. The big problem with most professions here in the UK is that there is soooo much paperwork that it makes the job almost unmanageable. Do you work at the moment Rob or are you too busy being outdoorsy? I love dogs by-the-way and my dog loves cats (I think she could probably eat a whole one).

Sarax