Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for diagnosis

Thanks

Stephen King - Oh my- on your doorstep. What was the one about the horrible infectious disease called? You know the one where they were dripping snot everywhere? Ooooh it was nasty :shock: Robyn, I'm hoping the letter is for a diagnosis but I'm not holding my breath - you know what these doctors are like :roll: The secretary said she will speak to the consultant and hurry him along but that might mean I get it in one month instead of two :x Hoping it will be next week.

I'm being a miserable old crow and keeping my door firmly locked tonight - both kids out, hubby working late and me and the dog, Jazz, in bed with a hot water bottle. We get loads of horrible thuggy type teens knocking and being intimidating - we call them Hoodies here because they wear their hoods up to scare people :roll: I think maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy! (OK this is where you tell me I'm not old please).

So Rob and Kathy you two are cat people and Robyn and I are dog people - they say there's a difference don't they? I used to have cats so I must have had a personality change I hate it when my pooch is sick - I love her to bits. She is my baby. Hubby took her to have a shower and trim at the poodle parlour last Saturday and it took her 2 days to forgive us all :cry: She looks so gorgeous now though (smells a lot better too).

Keep us posted about Sophie Rob.

Sarax

Thanks

The palms of my hands get hot and very itchy, break out in little water blisters then they dry up crack and bleed. Very painful.

I have had this for years and was told it was "eczema". My daughter has eczema and it looks nothing like the itchy blisters I get on my hands. It's incredibly painful-especially when it begins to crack. I have often wondered if it was something besides "eczema".

I don't get any type of rashes on my face, but for the first time in years, I had a tan this summer. Now that I'm out of the sun, I am noticing bumps all over my shoulders. It doesn't look like acne in particular, but small red bumps.

Could these be AI related skin issues?

Thanks

Hi Bonusmom,
    My name is Kathy. I get the same type of rash on my hands and feet. It is called Pompholyx Eczema. Not all Eczemas are alike. I think as far as the bumps on your shoulders I have no idea. You will have to see a doctor about that. I am wondering if you are sensitive to the sun? There are a list of symptoms that they look for when they are checking for Lupus. You have to meet 4 of the 11 Criteria before they will even consider a Lupus diagnosis. You can go to your doctor and have them run blood tests on you to see if you may have Lupus or any of the other Auto-immune disorders and Pompholyx Eczema is an auto-immune disorder. I have several auto-immune disorders as you cansee by my signature. My Rheumatologist put me on Imuran for the problem with Eczema and that has helped me a lot. Welcome to the forum and I hope that you can keep posting. There are a lot of good folks that come in here and they may have more answers for you.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Default Rash

You can go to your doctor and have them run blood tests on you to see if you may have Lupus or any of the other Auto-immune disorders and Pompholyx Eczema is an auto-immune disorder.

Hi Kathy-
    Thank you for the response. I also posted in the Newbie section "Interpreting Blood Tests" as I'm trying to make sense of the labs that I just received. Perhaps you will have some insight.......

Thanks

Ok Bonusmom,
    Let me go and check that out.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Rob and Robyn what's the time difference between us all? I'm trying to work out if Sophie's been to the vets yet or if your still flying your chopper with your dad Rob :P Bedtime here. Catch up with you tomorrow.

Sarax

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Sara,

I'm home, and it's just about 4:00 EST right now. I believe there's a time difference of seven hours from the eastern time zone to the UK. Sophie has a abcessed tooth that needs to come out. Nov 10th is the appointment for that bit of fun. Other than that, she's quite healthy I'm happy to report. The sun is just about down, and I need to get over to my folks house to help. Sara, I believe the story you are referring to is "The Stand". A biological weapon that comes to be known as the Superflu gets out and wreaks havoc. It's a great story. One of King's best. Have a good night all, gotta run!

Rob

Thanks

Rob

That's the one 'The Stand' it was sooo gross! You can tell SK that from me lol. Glad Sophie's doing OK - did the vet give her antibiotics? Jazz was not happy having her jabs this morning! Last week hubby took her for her new hairdo in his car and this week to the vets - she now hates his car :cry: She thinks something horrible is going to happen everytime she gets in it lol.

Hope you and Robyn had a good Hallowe'en - lots of kids with toothache this morning from all those sweets you handed out last night I've been working this morning - giving training to my new assistant tutor. It was very a productive session. Home to do some chores and stuff for uni now. It's very chilly here - it's a balancing act between saving on fuel and not freezing to death.

Stay cosy

Sarax

Thanks

Sara, of course you aren't old. If you are old, you'll never make it across the ocean for our rally at Rob's house. :lol:
    Trick or Treat was so disappointing last night. We only had about 12 kids, but they were so cute!!!! However, I woke up this morning and looked outside. You will never believe what happened after I went to bed. We were toilet papered in the night. It was across the house, the fence, the bushes, everywhere. I am sure it was friends of the kids. A little harmless fun, but it took me about 20 minutes to clean it all up.
    My puppy pouts when he gets a haircut too. Doesn't he know he looks so much more handsome when he's all clean and cut.
    I agree, the Stand was gross. The Shining and Pet Semetary are my favorites though. Good and scary, but not disgusting.
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters Rob? I'm glad that Sophie is healthy (except for the tooth). She is gonna really be made at you for that trip.
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Hahahahaha you must have got such a shock when you looked out of the window Robyn! I love kids - I could even eat a whole one on a bad day :twisted: How did it go for you Rob?

Talking about SK novels has reminded me of how many I read years ago - I wouldn't enjoy them now but I certainly did then. I really love Phillipa Gregory at the moment - probably not of much interest to you two as she writes British historical novels. Very informative - she bends the truth a little but it makes great reading. She's a bit raunchy though - sometimes you have to put the book down and take a breather and have a quick look around to see if people are staring at you lol (or is that just me?) ops:

Just thinking Robyn - when we move into the dream house, WITH OUR DOGS, I wonder if Rob's cats will mind at all :twisted: We might have to bring the Dog Whisperer in for a week until things settle down At least we'll have the big, strong, ugly, fat girl to walk them for us I'm starting to really take to that dear girl - I don't know what we'd do without her in our old age :lol:

I'm in pain today :cry: was last night too :cry: Got a muscle crampy type pain in the back of my left thigh which really hurts when I sit down and it touches the chair and last night my thumb pain was in my whole hand and up my wrist (like when the Dr hits a nerve) and my back hurt too - it all seems to be coming back like 4 months ago. Hope I get the blood and MR results this week - don't know where to go from here if they say there is nothing wrong with me because all the tests are clear :roll:

Does it sound really terrible to hope that my tests aren't clear? I'm not saying I want it to be Lupus or Myositis - both equally horrid diseases - but it will be difficult to be told that there is nothing wrong with me when I am in so much pain. Just a very small insignificant little virus would be nice - extremely treatable with a course of antibiotics and lots of chocolate. One of us has to be healthy to oversee the strong girl's housekeeping duties at the des res Don't want her running off with the silver or the radio controlled planes (or trying to escape).

Right I've got to go shopping - really don't feel up to it but it's hubby's b-day tomorrow and haven't got him anything yet. I'm working tomorrow evening so we are having birthday dinner tonight.

Take care - you will be snoring in your beds at the moment (if you have had a good night)

Saraxx