Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Waiting for diagnosis

Thanks

HI Sara.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles.
    I was interested to hear about your hand rash - is it just very small dots all over your hands?? sore? it sounds exactly like what i get - which the doc seemed very confused about - i should have mentioned it to the rheumy,

anyway hope you are feeling a bit better today?

elaine

Thanks

Yes Elaine that's exactly what it's like - my docs keep saying it's not related but I KNOW it is! It flares up mostly on my painful thumb when it swells up - prob is drs don't see it when it happens like that. It dries into little holes of peeling skin and the tips of my fingers are a bit wrinkly - does this sound like yours? Keep me posted Elaine.

Hi Robyn - sounds like you had a romantic weekend Sorry to hear about your ouches - a PJ day sounds wonderful. I've got people over on Saturday - first social thing I've attempted for nearly 5 months! Don't know how it's going to go but I'll dose myself up and give it a try.

Kathy - thanks for your kind words. I called my GP today and have an appt on Wednesday toget him to rush my next rhueumy appt along. You're right we do all have a right to know what's wrong with us and I'm definitely going to be more proactive in my approach. I'll let you know how it goes. Hope you are well Kathy.

Rob if you are reading this thread -Hi hope you are doing OK.

Sarax

Thanks

Hey Sara,
    How did your doc appt go today? (it was today, wasn't it?)
    Robyn
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Hi Robyn

Yes it was - consultant appt letter came through on the same day! 4th December. Can't wait - hope they get it sorted - I'm sooo fed up!!! How are you - what have you been up to? We had a get together at our house on Saturday for my daughter's 18th which was really nice as I haven't seen anyone for months. Have you got snow yet?

Sarax

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi,

Just thought I'd say hello. It's the same stuff here. Good days, bad days. New mind boggling symptoms almost every day. My cat, Sophie had not one, but three teeth pulled. She was not a happy camper. That was a week ago, and she's back to her old self, and doing well. I'm very happy about that.

Sophie, and my two other cats are fighting a war against the mice. Every year when it gets cold, the mice look for warmth. That means inside. I seal this place up tight every year, yet they still get in somehow. Right now, the body count is five mice. A decisive victory for my courageous feline commandos.

I hope you guys are hanging in there. Sara, you sound so frustrated. I wish it could get a little easier for you. Coltsfan, there's no snow here yet. It's cold though. We are in a rather odd climate in this part of the state. We have cold winters, but we don't always get heavy snow that lasts. We could have a white Christmas, or not. Go about 20 miles inland, and it's like Colorado. Tons of the white stuff.

I was supposed to see my new Rheumotologist last week, but it had to be re-scheduled. It's next Thursday. I hope the effort, and long drive is worth it. My last Rheumo was, shall we say, fired in a rather public way. I don't have much faith in the medical community sometimes.

Anyway, how are you guys coping overall? It's easy to get into a bad state of mind with this disease, even if you have not been diagnosed yet. I hope you are OK. Gotta go. I'll talk to you later.

Rob

Thanks

Hey Rob

Sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell lately - can't you get someone to drive you to see the rhuemy? At least Sophie is back in action. My sister is a cat person and she reckons that if cats bring 'goodies' to you they are offering a gift - you have 5 gifts so far but wait 'til those mice have to escape the snow. You'll be like the Pied Piper! I haven't seen a white Christmas since I was a kid - actually as I remember I was not at all impressed because I couldn't ride my new bike that Santa brought! You are right I am very frustrated Rob - I am in constant pain now, there is no let-up. If I stopped the NAIDS and pain-killers I wouldn't be able to walk at all. I have lost some of the function of my left hand (thank God I'm right handed) and I am so sick of it all. I'm counting the days 'til my next rhuemy visit on 4th Dec - I think I'm going to do something drastic like refuse to leave his office 'til he sorts this mess out. Maybe you'll see me on Sky news being dragged out by security men If he tells me to come back in 3 months again I don't know how I'll cope to be honest. Still draggin myself into work everyday - feel like lying in bed for the rest of my days but I guess then we'd all starve to death :roll: OK I'll stop moaning now. You all take care. Sarax

Thanks

Woke up this morning with a thin layer of snow on the grass and on my car.
    Rob, we have the same problem. Our house is old and you can't plug up all the holes well enough. Each year as it gets colder and the farmers begin the harvest, we get a few mice. Unfortunately, don't have a cat, and my terrier just whines at them. Have to get them the old fashioned way.
    Sara, I am so sorry that you feel so badly. I was beginning to get worried about you as I hadn't heard from you in a while. I am glad you got the appointment though. Hopefully they will be able to really help you feel better.
    I haven't been doing ANYTHING exciting. Stay covered up with a blanket and a good book. Too cold to do much else.
    Gotta run now. Bath time for the kids. Talk to you soon,
    Robyn
    live, love and laugh often.