Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: speaking

Thanks

Default speaking

Does anyone else have a hard time getting out a sentence sometimes? I feel like I am tripping over my tongue alot. All the words are clear inside my head, just can't get them all out.
    Man, it makes you feel so stupid sometimes. My kids just giggle and laugh, which makes me laugh too. Just a funny thought that I would see if anyone else does this.
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Hugs coltsfan

And yes :lol:

By rights my husband should have a few lumps on his head for making fun of me when I can't put a sentence together.

I think fatigue has alot to do with it. I get tired "suddenly" ... fine one moment then exhausted. I can't put more than three words together when I'm like that.

I also forget simple words and sometime in mid sentence forget what I was about to make a point on.

:P He's such a brat, but it does get me laughing. I have come to recognize that I am tired when I start doing that.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Yeah I just stop talking and laugh since anyone who knows me well knows that I have been that way since I was a kid. I also will forget the name of the person I am talking to no matter how lomg I've known tham or the nature of our relationship. That kinda ticks people off, but now I know the reason. People know to give me a minute and if I laugh they already know that I hit a wall and its time for the next subject

Thanks

It is really the weirdest feeling in the world.
    My husband should have a few of those lumps too. :lol:
    I will now think of it as my way of spreading laughter and sunshine into others' lives. (sounds better than forgetful and goofy!!)
    Hugs to you all,
    Robyn

Thanks

Yup, I blame it on cotton stuffed between the synapses in my brain....AKA brain fog.

Some days I can talk as smoothly and beautifully as I could wish for. Others....mush mouth. Sometimes both in one day!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Since I got to China, it's very common to hear people mispronounce words and trip up sentences, even if they're from the US. Very funny. The most common is saying the "L" for an "R". Just happens because of hearing the accents all day I guess.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

like: solly & happy horridays?

:lol:
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Do you guys remember the movie "A Christmas Story"? The family goes out for Chinese food on Christmas, and the Chinese restaurant has a band singing Deck the Halls.

Deck the Hors with Boughs of Ho-ry, Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

Tis the Season to be Jo-ry..............

Thanks

Rob, I laughed to read your post! We've always LOVED "The Christmas Story". When the kids were young watching it was one of our holiday traditions ('course, now it's on cable television non-stop all December :roll: .) Our younger son even bought my husband a 'Leg Lamp' for Christmas some years back. (No....it never made it into my living room...nope, no way, no how.)

I lose words when I talk...they're right on the tip of my tongue and then...pffft...gone. What was I saying???? :?: :?:

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Jody,
    Me too. Of course, I quickly blame whoever I am talking to for distracting me. Doesn't always work, but I try.
    Would you believe, until a couple of years ago, I had never seen Christmas Story? When my boss found out, he bought if for me on DVD. Then he told me I should buy my son a bb gun! I objected, but my hubby won. My son now has a bb gun and a 22 rifle! EGADS.