Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shocks/ tingles

Thanks

Default shocks/ tingles

All day lon I have been feeling like I am being shocked or something. Its kinda like the tingles you get when you are too cold and getting frost bite. Its all over my body. Feels like someone is playing stick jackie with a needle. Doesn't hurt but it is becoming very annoying and starting to worry me.

Thanks

Hugsss jaideni

If you can get in to see a doctor today ... you really should. Take a moment to right down a description of what is happening and then get yourself in to see a doctor.

That's an unusual symptom, but one that I have seen posted here by a few members and not that long ago.

You can look through the symptoms topics and probably find one. I believe Rob experianced something similar.

I'll take a peek and see if I can find one for you.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi Jaideni,
    I am wondering if you are on Prednisone as Prednisone can do this to you. I had that happen to me years ago and the doctor had to lower the dosage drastically. I am just wondering is all. I think you need to get into the doctor as soon as possible about this problem.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hugs rob

As usually you are alert and responsive ^5's dude, I was hoping you'd catch this. I have been searching for the other posts that mentioned this but was unable to find them.

:shock: I almost fell off my chair at the great memory comment :lol:

We have a running joke around here about memory. The favorit saying lately is "who's gonna forget who first" Kind of morbid, I know, but lately the only thing I can do is joke about it.

My head seems to be getting fuzzier and fuzzier.

Thanks for catching this.

Hugs jaideni

Hope you are feeling better today and get some answers soon. Keeping you in my thoughts and heart.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Jaideni,

SITC is indeed right in her comment above, I do have these symptoms (good memory SITC). Tingling like you are experiencing can be caused by inflammation related to the central nervous system caused by Lupus.

In my case, this symptom is caused by nerve damage from Multiple Sclerosis, which I was diagnosed with about three months ago. I have both Lupus and MS. This, however, DOES NOT mean you have MS, and I don't want to add to your worries. Having overlapping MS and SLE is not very common.

I'd suggest you talk to your DR./Rheumo ASAP, if for no other reason but to put to rest your worries about this. Please let us know what you find out.

Rob

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sits_inthe_corner
    Hugs rob

As usually you are alert and responsive ^5's dude, I was hoping you'd catch this. I have been searching for the other posts that mentioned this but was unable to find them.

:shock: I almost fell off my chair at the great memory comment :lol:

We have a running joke around here about memory. The favorit saying lately is "who's gonna forget who first" Kind of morbid, I know, but lately the only thing I can do is joke about it.

My head seems to be getting fuzzier and fuzzier.

Thanks for catching this.

Hugs jaideni

Hope you are feeling better today and get some answers soon. Keeping you in my thoughts and heart.

Sometimes laughing is the best way to deal with things SITC! That's actually pretty funny! My joke, is that I tell people that I have a great memory, but it's hard to use because I keep forgetting I have it.

Thanks

Hi Jaideni, I get that feeling in my arms and legs. The arms its from shoulder to finger tips. The legs its mainly upper back. Mentioned to docs, and of course said that could be the FMS (as they say that to everything lately :roll: ). Nothing more was ever said or done. It is quite annoying, drives me crazy. Specially when I try to pick things up, gets worse when I squeeze my hands. Thankfully its not constant, but still annoying :x .

Oh yeah, only take bp med and low-dose trazadone. No steroids.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Like cheryl_v, I occassionally get what I call "the arm twang" - what feels like an electric shock running down my arm - so sharp that it usually makes me curl my arm into myself, and it takes my breath for a few seconds. I've found it goes in spurts - I used to think it was from stress, mentioned it to both my rheumy and my primary. Both gave me the blank look.... the one I interpret as "OK, NOW what do I tell her..." Basically I was told don't worry about it.

But you're having much more significant issues than I've had, and YES, get in to your doc if you can!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys. I did notice it got worse while I was driving. at first I thought it was a reaction to seeing a huge spark come from my friends dryer last night because I have a weird fear of fire but it hasn't gona away and I have felt similar sensations just not as much as last nights. I have an appointment on the 16th I guess I'll just add it to my new list of symptoms I have been having. I am hoping its not CNS related but alot of the things that have been going the last few weeks seem to point in that direction. Again thanks you guys I will be sure to not write this one off as my imagination like I have done so many other issues because of 'the blank look' as someone else said.

Thanks

Hugsss jaideni

How are you feeling today? If the symptoms are still there or if they get worse, please try to get in earlier to see a doctor.
    Oh look ... a cookie