Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eye twitching

Thanks

Default eye twitching

Has anyone had any problems with their eyelids twitching? What is up with that and how do you make it stop. It is driving me crazy! Probably not lupus related, just curious.
    live, love and laugh often.

Thanks

Yes!

When I'm tired or stressed it jumps like crazy for a day or two. Very annoying.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I have had that too it is annoying but I don't know why it happens when it does

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My eyelids twitch and I sear that my eyeballs jump up and down. Happens, as SITC stated, when I'm very tired, under stress, or in a flare-up!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Yep,

Add me to the list. I have the same problem. Sometimes it's the eyelid itself, sometimes the eye. I've been dealing with optic neuritis as well, but I don't believe that it causes the strange and irritating muscle spasms. Just one more odd symptom to add to the list I guess.

Thanks

Wow. my left eye lid twitches all the time! Drives me insane! I never thought it could be lupus related! I always feel like donkey on shrek and I use that line all the time!
    I just want to dance in the rain and stand in the sun...

Thanks

I've heard that eye twitching could be caused by several different things...such as your eyes being fatigued (from watching too much tv, looking at a computer too long or lighting in the room). It also seems that increased stress or plain ole fatigue can cause that annoying twitching.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. (George Bernard Shaw)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Yep, eyelid gets muscle twitches, irritating as can be. I get optic neuritis related to MS too. Eyes look left to right super fasy and all is blurry. No fun. Pain behind the eye, I assume it's inflammation of the optic nerve. Don' know if the muscle in the eye problem affects the optic nerve and muscles that actually point the eyes.

Thanks

Guess Im not the only one out there with eye twitches. Its such a strange feeling because you can't control it from happening. It just happens. It usually happens to me when I'm exhausted or if I didnt get enough sleep. It almost feels like a pulse in my eyelid. You can actually see it twitching if you look in the mirror. So odd...
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Thanks

Default Magnesium

I used to get eyelid twitches all the time. Turned out I was very deficient in magnesium. I also had jumping leg syndrome and terrible monthly cramps. All were caused by lack of magnesium.