Thread: Muscle weakness in legs

Thanks

Default Muscle weakness in legs

Hi everyone,
    I know that this thing I have with the muscles in my legs and sometimes arms, may be old hat to many of you, but for me it is new and it really frightens me a bit. You would think being a nurse would make this Lupus thing easier...not so...sometimes lack of knowledge is bliss. I would so appreciate your feedback...
    Thanks again and May god answer all your prayers

Connie pink butterflies
    I have had diagnosed lupus since 1985. What fun!!! Looking so foreward to hearing from some of you. Sincerely, Connie [butterfly]

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Connie :lol:
    See my reply in "Newly Diagnosed"

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Muscle weakness in legs

Hi there, I have been suffering from lupus 4 10 years now. I have had these symptoms recurring time and again! What helps for me though is stretching my legs.
    I have a daily stretching routine. Maybe you could even try taking up recreational swimming to strengthen your legs!

Thanks

I have ust been diagnosed as well, and I have these symptoms as well. I live in Hawaii, and love to get outdoors and walk, but with this incredible weakness it makes it tough.

Thanks

hi i'm nicole and muscle weakness is my main sympton. along with the lupus i have polymyositis, which is causing the weakness. i've had this since 1994. i'm on prednisone and methotrexate.

truthfully my condition has worsen. i've had decent spells over the last 11yrs but every since 2003 i've slowly been getting worse. only thing i can say is if the doctors put you on steroids please watch what you eat. when i initially was put on prednisone i gained 70-80lbs in 2-3wks. no one told me how much my appetite would increase. since then i've been unable to lose it because i'm in a catch-22 situation. i can't exercise regularly because of the weakness but i need to lose the weight because it might help control the lupus better.

botton line watch you meds and ask plenty of questions