Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any hope for brain fog?? I'm new. Help!!!

Thanks

well at least i know im not alone or crazy lol. its horrible. hope we find some answers and help ugh. hope everyone has a good day -Brit
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kittyjo
    Hi Tyarishanese...
    Just out of curiousity_ have you had your thyroid checked?

I have Hashimoto's which can cause brain fog as well_ or at least contribute it's part to the 'fog' with the gang of other maladies that I have seemed to aquire over time_ and like it's been said already, the meds can also cause one to be dizzy/foggy.

If I'm interrupted I will forget what I was talking about... During this post I forgot how to spell some pretty easy words and that got me totally off track and I had to begin again... Then there are times when I'm talking about something and just zone out, somtimes I just lose track and other times I just lose interest and get so tired I just stop, not caring to even finish a thought_ The need to conserve energy takes over.

Does anybody remember that kids show (I'm a child of the '70's) Captain Kangaroo? There was the Captain, Mr Green Jeans, the Moose, the Rabbit and the most annoying character of all was the Grandfather Clock... Who would forget what he was saying - or just stop mid-sentence - or repeat himself over again from the begining. Ughhh! I have become Grandfather Clock... Aaaccck!!!
    Yes, they checked my thyroid with the first set of tests.

Thanks

Default Sad, Mad, Confused!

I went to see my Rheumy today for the first time and I was told pretty much that theres nothing wrong. He said I am double jointed and it can cause discomfort. Im thinking dude how does that cause burning pain? Then he tells me to look into the cardiologist test results I had months ago. I have a systolic heart murmur he thinks may be causing the problems grr. He wasnt even going to do blood work until I mentioned it. Im so fed up. Too many symptoms to list...I feel like just saying forget it and Ill not worry about it and when Ill die theyll say "Oh so thats what was wrong..im sorry." ............sorry had to vent there lol well i hope everyone is figuring out more than me! take care and God Bless -Brit
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Ty, I just found out recently that autoimmune diseases, like lupus and Sjogren's can cause brain fog. For a long time I thought it was the methotrexate I was taking that was causing my memory problems. MTX is known to do that, but when I went on Imuran the fog started to lift after a couple of months and my RD said it's because the fog was not from the meds, but the disease. Your lupus may be causing your problem and if it is, treating the disease should help eventually. Plaquenil may not be enough, it wasn't for me, but you'll have a better idea of how it's working for you after you've been on it for several months. It can take a long time to kick in. Good luck. You are not alone. There are many "foggies" here.
    SLE, SJS, vasculitic neuropathy, Degenerative Disc Disease, Chronic Autoimmune Urticaria

Plaquenil, Imuran

Thanks

Hi tyarishanese,
    I have a problem with brain fog too big time. This past May it got really really bad to the point where if I went anywhere I would forget how to get home or be talking to somebody and totally forget what I was talking about etc. It was unreal and it scared me half to death. I mean I have had brain fog for years and years, but this time it was really bad and it turned out that I have Pernicious Anemia to add to the mix. I thought for sure that I had Alsheimers Disease, but thank heavens I don't. I still have the brain fog, but not nearly as bad as then. I am still trying to find ways to get out of that, but I have yet to find one. I hope that once the Plaquenil kicks in real good that it will ease off some.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.