Thread: how do you know

Thanks

Default how do you know

How do you know what to write down as a symptom and what isn't? Do you just write down everything that feels bad and let the doctor sort them out?

Thanks

Hi,
    I think that you should write down all of the symptoms that you are having and let the doctor sort it all out. I mean any kind of symptom that you can think of that is bothering you or has bothered you in the past. I hope that you get into see a Rheumatologist and that they will have the answers for you.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Default Re: how do you know

Quote Originally Posted by coltsfan
    How do you know what to write down as a symptom and what isn't? Do you just write down everything that feels bad and let the doctor sort them out?
    Just right everything down. I almost dismissed certain things that I thought were just normal and found out that they were all symptoms that lead to my diagnosis. If I would've let out those minor details, there is a chance that I would still be wondering what was wrong with me. No matter how little, write it down.

Thanks

Every little symptom maybe a key to the puzzle...I'd write it all...

Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ditto to what Oluwa, tyarishanese, and Kathy said.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

coltsfan -
    Definitely write them all down. It will be overwhelming, I'd bet. Maybe to organize things a bit, you could highlight any items that are either the most bothersome to you, or that seem to occur the most frequently.
    If you don't tell them everything, you could be left wondering what their diagnosis would be if they knew about "x" or "y" also. Better to put it all on the table.
    "What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear. What a privilege to carry everything to Him in prayer." (Old Rugged Cross)