Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another new one...

Thanks

I appreciate the information all of you have shared. I was given Methotrexate to ‘slow down’ the lupus. I realize 10 mgs of Predisone is a low dose, I was on 5 mg and he recently upped it to 10. I have a bad reaction to prednisone, I get edgy, grumpy, irritable, tense and about every other bad side effect you can imagine from the stuff; I hate taking it. I was on 80 mgs a day for 5 months back in the late 80’s – I was a mess!
    Does anyone else have issues with sleep? I was so tired last night I went to bed early and before midnight I was wide awake again. I doubt it’s the prednisone because the last dose I take is about 1:00 p.m. I was awake for over an hour then I woke up every 20 minutes after that. I was so tired and wiped out this morning that I just called my boss and worked from home. Thank the good Lord above that I have a great boss and good insurance or I would be in a world of hurt.

Thanks

Default ...one more

hey Poopydink (nice name by the way) and everyone else - how do you know what to blame on lupus and what to be concerned about? My rheumy seems to want to blame lupus for every thing and I don't think it's the case. What's better yet, is when I have something like whole body shakes/tremors he says he doesn't know what is happening but try taking some more drugs. I told him I want to know why this is happening, not "take two of these and call me in the morning". I don't think we have come very far in the last 500 years in the medical field !!

Thanks

Hi Kmmartz

I would like to add my welcome, I've not been on much in the past couple of days as I have company visiting.

There is so much left unexplaind when it comes not only to lupus but as to how the medical field deals with us.

I am 48 yrs old. My mother had lupus, my sister has it as well. I have had many of the markers since I was 19 yrs old. In my case they have not diagnosed as yet. I have had one positive ANA, a boarder line ANA and a couple of negative ANA. My white blood cell count has been consistantly high for over 1 1/2 now.

When are some people the only ones in the family with lupus, while in other familys there are several members? Why suddendly do with flare with sypmtoms or go for years with nothing? There are many questions that it would seem there just aren't any answers too. It's all a mater of finding out things that trigger "you" in to having the lupus flare.

One thing is for certain, there are alot of good people on this site, and has been extreamly helpful to share information with everyone. I have been able to identify common symptons and learn new approaches to deal with them.

I'm glad you found us.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey Kevin:
    Yeah...sleeping has never been one of my strong points. Though I'm not sure why. I've always told people "my body woke me up", and I'm just thankful after 20yrs for the sleep I do get. You mentioned you were on Methotrexate...did your doc just throw you right in to that one, or were you tried on Plaquenil first? Meth is not a pretty drug...As far as I know, it's normally used like a chemotherapy drug for some cancers/leukemias...otherwise, its used for serious rheumatoid arthritis (which can develop in loopy people). But I'm pretty sure it's used as a last resort, when someone's failed on stuff w/less side fx, like Plaquenil. Also, I've read that it can cause tremors.
    Take care-D