Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSI questions

Thanks

Hey Oluwa how about you help me too lol... i applied over the internet and they called me asked me some questions now im just waiting for my medical records. to take them to the SS office. After my application i have to answer some other questions that takes 2-3 hours is this typical for them to do??
    The boundaries which divide life from death
    are at best shadowy and vague.
    Who shall say where one ends,
    and the other begins?

Thanks

Sandy... I am not sure the duration of time for the interview nor any of the questions they will ask.

From my research.....

Going in-person for your disability interview will get you free advice from the claims representative, an examination of your papers for errors and oversights, an opportunity to correct them before the papers are filed, and the opportunity to demonstrate your honesty and credibility to a representative of SSA.

However, to save time, SSA may try to persuade you not to come to the office and may instead propose a telephone interview. For the reasons given above, an in-person interview may be more beneficial to your claim. You have the right to an in-person interview. If SSA does not allow you one, ask the office of your U.S. Senator or Member of Congress how to obtain an in-person interview.

Or this...to see if what program you may qualify for...SSDI, SSI....
    http://connections.govbenefits.gov/ssa_en.portal

Or maybe they need additional paperwork..?

A printouts to use...

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/Adult_..._Checklist.pdf

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/Adult_..._Worksheet.pdf

, "you can help shorten the process by bringing certain documents with you when you apply and helping us to get any other medical evidence you need to show you are disabled. These include:

* The Social Security number and proof of age for each person applying for payments. This includes your spouse and children, if they are applying for benefits;

* Names, addresses, and phone numbers of doctors, hospitals, clinics, and institutions that treated you and dates of treatment;

* Names of all medications you are taking;

* Medical records from your doctors, therapists, hospitals, clinics, and caseworkers;

* Laboratory and test results;

* A summary of where you worked in the past 15 years and the kind of work you did;

* A copy of your W-2 Form (Wage and Tax Statement), or if you are self-employed, your federal tax return for the past year;

* Dates of prior marriages if your spouse is applying;

* A certified copy of your birth certificate.

Also provide at least one doctor's report based on a recent examination that1) establishes the diagnoses of injuries or illnesses that are causing severe impairment of work capacity; (2) explains the restrictions on work capacity resulting from the diagnosed medical conditions; (3) gives examples from real life of what the patient can and cannot do; (4) explains whether severe impairment is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death.

Be relaxed, ensure all your paperwork is together....and maybe hire an attorney.

Attorney fee...
    There is a cap on his fees. If you're denied benefits he does not collect a fee. If approved he will receive the payment from the backpay of benefits..the date you applied...

An Attorney or Representative for a disability case is allowed to receive 25% of a Claimant's past due benefits. So, if a Claimant receives a back payment of $10,000.00, a representative will receive $2,500.00 as the fee.

The maximum fee amount an attorney or representative can receive, however, regardless of how much the Claimant receives in past due benefits, is $5,300.00.

Your doctor doesn't approve it per se..your records, his notes will help or hinder your case...

Maybe the links below will yield some answers for you on the chances of being approved and the process. It isn't the official www.ssa.gov sites though, below......
    http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/ref...-pages-11.html

Hope this helps...
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Thanks Oluwa!

I've decided not to try to get disability. Instead I'm going to try to work from home or find a job that isn't taxing on my body. If I rack up too many sick days then I'll see about disability.

Right now my rheumy is saying I'll be ok to work in February. She doesn't see the need for disability.

"I am not afraid of storms, I am learning to sail my own ship."
    -- LOUISA MAY ALCOTT

Lupus, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Lupus Anticoagulant Syndrome, Spondylitis

Thanks

I went through the whole SSI/Disability BS! I waited a year because i thought i would be able to go back to work and didnt want to be "disabled", if your ready to go back to work by the time your about to be approved its easier to say, ehh i dont need it, instead of putting it off until you are almost in debt, most people get denied at least twice, and chances are you will need a lawyer. BUT if/when you get it they pay you back pay from the day you applied so most get a lump sum when they are approved (if you needed a lawyer they will take their % from the lump sum) at least that is how it is in Utah. So be prepared to find a SS lawyer who deals with SSI/Disability claims. In the end its worth all the hassle, i think they make you go through all of it to make sure you are somehow "worthly" of it! Its crap but be patient!
    "Dragonfly, carry and fullfill my deepest dreams" - Summer

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Im about to go down this rout today, il phone them soon x
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿