Thread: Another Trip to Urgent Care

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Another Trip to Urgent Care

I had to make a trip to Urgent Care Monday morning. I had another bacterial infection and my neck was hurting immensely. They gave me a prescription for painkillers for the neck and antibiotics for the infection. The Dr. wants me to have physical therapy for my neck, plus wear a neck brace for awhile, as my neck has been reinjured so many times the last couple of years.

It seems like I just start to feel a little better, than I have another setback. That's the way this lupus is though. It surpresses the immune system and then we come down with an infection, or something else.

It's so discouraging and frustrating, isn't it.

Thanks

Oh so sorry for the extreme pain and discomfort you are in...and a trip to the emergency is always an outing to look forward to
    I am glad that the doc is giving you somethng for your neck, though.
    Where is the bacterial infection, your lungs?
    It is frustrating...if it isn't one thing then it is another.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

So sorry about your neck. Ouch Yes, it is one thing after another. I had a good day today and now im feeling symptoms,its a cycle that never seems to end. I really hope you feel better with your physical therapy sessions. GOOD LUCK!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh i hope the pain eases and you get some relief soon.

Sending you gentle hugs
    love
    Angel.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi drinkofwtr,

so sorry about the neck, the infection, and especially the trip to the er. yes, whenever we think we have a handle of lupus, it raises its ugly head and reminds us that we don't own our bodies any more.

sending you a smile hoping it will relieve some of the pain for a brief second.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

So sorry to hear of the setback - hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly, so at least THAT piece of the issues will be handled. I hope you're able to link with a good PT quickly - that can be SUCH a help!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

I am so sorry you have been feeling yucky! A few weeks ago I went into the doctor because I couldn't pee. I ended up having a kidney infection and I have asthma so at the visit he wanted to listen to my lungs just to make sure they were ok. It turned out I had a lung infection too!!!!!! I told him that I only came in for the pee issue!!!!!! I know how you feel!!!! Our poor bodies are so fragile and we have to be very careful!!!!!! It seems when our bodies are trying to fight one thing, another issue creeps up behind it!!!! You are right, it is the nature of our disease!!!! Put a heating pad on your neck and get plenty of rest so your body can heal!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for a fast recovery!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram