Thread: Pain...

Thanks

Default Pain...

Hi, haven't been here for very long but I just had to vent to someone other than my husband....and someone who understands. My pain in the last few weeks has been unbearable, as soon as I stop working the pain is just...crazy. My neck...where do I begin it hurts from the base to my shoulders, right hipp is just killing me and the pain in my calf tonight is enough to make me go insane. I am on soma, vicidine, vynse,declefanc (sp) and a millon others. I have lupus and fibro..anything out there that can help? any suggestions?? Hoping to get into the doctors soon. Thanks for letting me vent.

Thanks

Hi Tootiredtoplay...

No time restrictions when to vent...anytime is the right time...hugs.

How has your sleep been...? I notice when I have one too many restless nights, insomnia my pain increases tenfold.

If so, ask your about about a FMS prescription regime for your sleep..such as Lyrica, combined with Mobic, Flexeril, Elavil and Lortab. That helped me through a rough, sleepless time earlier this year.

Lyrica is used to control seizures, treat nerve pain and fibromyalgia. It is the first FDA-approved treatment that can help relieve fibromyalgia pain

Lortab is a narcotic pain reliever (aceteminophen & hydrocodone)

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain

Elavil (amitriptyline) is a trycyclic antideppressant. It is helpful for improving sleep. Elavil has been found to lose effectiveness over time. Other tricyclics include desipramine (Norpramin), doxepin (Sinequan), imipramine (Tofranil), amoxapine (Asendin), and nortriptyline (Pamelor, Aventyl.

Mobic is an anti-inflammatory.

Sleep and exercise play a very important role with fibromyalgia symptoms. When I get good sleep from flexeril and swam this summer for exercise, I felt almost wonderful. My wonderful. My norm.

Daniel Wallace, M.D. also published a book on fibromyalgia, called All About Fibrimyalgia. Check it out...

Home remedies, try massage, bath soak...heating pad, thermapads from the drug store...acupuncture....

Are you building a tolerance to your pain medication?

Can you modify your work to help alleviate the pain afterwards? Is it your work that is the cause, trigger..aggravates?

Do you get a form of daily exercise, even if it is just stretching...swimming, yoga, pilates...walking. Idle bones and muscles create more aches in the long run.....

Be well..hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Gentle hugs to ya tootiredtoplay

Sorry to hear you are in a painful place. Oluwa has given some excellent advice.

I have nothing to add to that but to say I hope you find relief soon. Let us know how you make out at the doctors
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

oops! i meant Lyrica...I am on 100mg twice daily. I take amitripiline 50mg at night, I have also been priscribed ambien which I have been on forever, so I take only when I really, really need it. Insomnia has been horrible the last couple of weeks...I have a sleep apnea machine to wear at night to help put me in at least stage 2. I have had 3 sleep studies and have very mild apnea but so not go into REM. I am not on Loratab but am going to ask for something different for pain. It's just unbearable right now.
    Sheila