Thread: Hello from West Virginia

Thanks

Default Hello from West Virginia

Hi! I am new here. Was finally diagnosed in January. Most of my problems have been in my peripheral joints. I am on Imuran now....due to a severe allergy to plaquenil and the fact that steroids aren't good for me, as a diabetic.

Thanks

Hi lightning1966

And welcome, sorry to hear the plaquenil didn't work out for you. How's the Imuran working, or is it too early to tell yet?

I suffer alot from joint pain and dread the on coming of winter. I've busted out my polar fleece bed sheets already...it's going to be a long cold winter.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

It's too early to tell. I've been on it for 3 weeks. My Dr. wants me to double the dose after 3 weeks, so I will be doing that tonight. I sure hope it helps and soon.. I had all the symptoms of RA...which my hubby has. I thought my rheumy was wasting his time testing me for Lupus. Boy did I get fooled.

Thanks

Which joints are affected?

There are some good joint support braces on the market that help to support the joint.

I don't know alot about RA, but I do have Osteo arthritis in several areas. Some of which can not be aided by a brace.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

many...but mostly the fingers, toes, and the ankles. It is symmetrically on both sides...so I was surprised when I was tested and didn't have RA. I soon learned that lupus is called "the great imitator." Yeah...I have osteo in the hips and lower back. I'm just falling all apart....lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome!

DrinkofWtr

Thanks

Default Allergic reaction

Hi there....

I was just wondering what your reaction to the plaquenil was....

I was also put on it very early in treatment and did very bad on it. I have not been put back on it yet mut my new dr wants to try it agian....she thinks it was a different problem then the medication.

Just want to see if your reaction was the same....

Thanks

Well.... I took the plaquenil for a week. Had the most horrible rash, itching so bad I scratched skin off my body and have scars that will probably be permanent. The skin on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet peeled off in sheets. Skin on some other parts of my body flaked off. It took about 6 weeks for it to finally subside. Never want to go through that again.