Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New here... not yet diagnosed.

Thanks

Well hugss to ya digger,

If it is Celiacs, trust me you will adjust. Find your local Celiac society office and get in there. They have GOBS of info that is helpful. Little shopping guids with brand name foods that are Celiac friendly and lists of products and foods that are NOT friendly and how to spot the difference.

They also provide a list of restaurants that have Celiac friendly menus. My sister has done amazingly well and she was a breadaholic as well.

She tried her had at making her own bread, you can buy premade potatoe and rice flour for baking with, but really it's tricky. There are some Celiac bakeries around. Some times they will sell you their baking flour which my sister loves. You have to get the mix just right, trust me it's ugly if ya get it wrong.

I tried to make her some dinner rolls once, we're still laughing about it. HARD! Oh my word, you could make a love rock garden with them.

The Celiac diet really isn't all that bad, it's just learning a new way to cook.

You can stell eat stuffing and cookies and stuff you just have make sure they are made with the right stuff.

Hope you get your answers soon and I hope you feel better even sooner.

Please let me know how your results go.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sits_inthe_corner
    I tried to make her some dinner rolls once, we're still laughing about it. HARD! Oh my word, you could make a love rock garden with them.
    Ha ha. That's too funny!

A friend of mine gave me a recipe for pumpkin spice muffins for halloween. They're made out of beans of all things. She swears they look and taste just like a real muffin made from wheat. I'm actually looking forward to experimenting with recipes like these. Even if my tests are negative, I'm still going to give gluten-free a go. Tests don't always mean everything.

Maybe your sister would like these:

Pumpkin spice muffins

1 15oz. can of white or brown beans. Rinse and drain.
    3 eggs
    3/4 cup of splenda (or whatever)
    1/4 cup dry milk (helps to make it rise)
    2 tsp. baking powder
    2 Tbsp. oil
    1/2 cup of pumpkin (the stuff in the can)
    2 tsps of pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Optional: Can add 2 tbsp of ground flax seed if desired

Combine all ingredients and beat the heck out of it in the blender, pour into muffin pan, bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 12 muffins.

Dig

Thanks

Hi Dig

I use Oraldine mouth wash for my mouth ulcers - takes a while but seemed to help. Also found that if I cut sugary foods out that helped even more - problem is there's nothing like a bag of sweeties when you're not feeling 100% ops:

Hey you got my name 'sea monkey' - I'm now a tadploe :shock:

sarax

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sara akhtar
    Hey you got my name 'sea monkey' - I'm now a tadploe :shock:
    I love Sea Monkeys!

When I was a kid I ordered them out of the back of Boy's Life magazine and I was SO excited when they finally arrived in the mail. It took the usual '6 to 8 weeks' but of course being a kid I started running to the mailbox every day starting from the day I mailed the freaking money order. What a dork! LOL. Have to admit though, I'm still a dork and quite proud of it. 8)

Anyway, enough of my trip down memory lane. :roll:

Regarding the mouth ulcers. Are the ones seen in Lupus the same variety that are seen in Celiac? The reason I ask is that Lupus has now pretty much been ruled out for me, but Celiac is very much a possibility. The description of these ulcers are very much like what I have been getting. Since Celiac is also an autoimmune disorder, I thought maybe they were the same type? It would explain quite a bit.

Dig

Thanks

I've never heard of Celiac Dig, I'll just go and google it. I haven't been diagnosed with anything as yet and I'm new to all this - sorry can't be of any help.

My kids had sea monkeys once - must have ended up being flushed down the toilet I think but I can't remember.

x

Thanks

Just googled Celiac Dig - it's amazing how many symptoms are similar with sooooo many deseases. No wonder we can't get quick diagnosis is it? So are you going gluten free then Dig? Seems to work for lots of people doesn't it? Keep us posted on how it goes - I've thought of trying it myself so I'd be interested to track your progress. I just love bread so very very very much though :cry: Just have to replace it with even more chocolate I guess

Sarax

Thanks

Hi Sara,

No, I'm still eating lots and lots of gluten right now because I was told going gluten-free too soon would screw up my test results. I want to get an accurate diagnosis so in the meantime I'm still eating lots of bad stuff. I hope you also find out soon what is troubling you, and thanks again for writing back.

Dig

Thanks

Ooooohhhh sounds like my sort of diet :evil: I am really going to try and start a strict health regime this weekend AGAIN!!! ops: By-the-way are you a boy sea monkey or a girl sea monkey - can't tell by the name Dig