Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flare Slowing me Down

Thanks

Default Flare Slowing me Down

I've had a real roller coaster flare going on the past few weeks - started gradually, but it's beating me up pretty good from time to time. Joint pain has been increasing steadily for months now, but it would sometimes be absent. Not any longer....hurts all the #$*&$^& time now. Some days really bad...other's just a dull ache. Chest heaviness, fatigue, feverish....just plain crummy. I see a new rheumy on Oct. 1st. Have a page of questions and concerns. I was off prednisone - but started taking 5mg again just to see if it helps the pain. I don't really have anything else to take for pain and I hate to load up on NSAIDs. So disappointing....I thought I was doing better......rats. :cry: :cry:

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Mnjodette, I'm so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this and that now, the pain is continual.
    I have to say that, everything that you described has been exactly what I've been feeling for the past month! The exception, the pain has been a bit bearable. However, the other symptoms have left me debilitated and unable to function.
    Here's hoping that we both get some relief soon. Take care of yourself and I hope that the Prednisone starts helping!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Why hello their Jody..shoot it has been a long time, hasn't. Hugs...

I've been trying a little bit to catch up on everyone...a post here..one over there. Not much though..

Sorry to hear of your roller coaster ride. With our experience in that ride we'd think holding on till tomorrow is enough. Sometimes just holding on isn't enough. Maybe give the NSAIDS a whirl..

The 5mg roid hasn't helped? Head hug...

I hope you can wait til the 1st. Mine RoomBA is the on 2nd or the 3rd. Done for the year. Ah, maybe one more before the New Year, so I don't have to start the year off with appointments.

I've notice, while my Mum-in-law was here I was off schedule with my medicine dosing times, my usual eats and the foods I usually avoid and I feel such a difference inside, outside...for the worse. Has anything changed for you for those days you felt worse compared to the times you felt the pain was absent?

I ate greasy foods, starches..salty...all out of my norm. Less H20. I feel it everywhere, in my joints, skin...dry eyes...so check out your routine, possible, eh?

I feel bad with you about your disappointments, I pray relief will be there next week. Answers to your questions...answers to you pain if it can't be today, right now.

Minnesota cooling off fast? Here it has..cold for the SE. Low 60's at night and mid 70's by day. I am enjoying it...heading to the UP for the reds, yellows and oranges leaves. Hope they will be hanging on till we arrive the end of next month....

And thank you for you words on the thread where I mentioned cancer...I am doing alright, actually pretty good in spirit about that. No since in dribbling over it when I can learn, grow from it.

I've pondered, when I use the expression this is the path we were meant to walk. The plan... I've though about it a lot lately. I don't think it is the pain, the hardship, the diseases that is the path, but how we grow spiritually from it. Our human spirit...

I remember a post I replied to not so long ago...they said they wonder what they done..bad carma to get such a disease. It isn't bad carma I thought afterwards, but a opportunity to grow...turn the kaleidoscope. View ourselves, our heart, our priorities, our families differently. Blossom some more. A opportunity to be different that just what is, mainstream...branch off I thought. I want to be that roaming creek.

Just stand in the shower....let the water ease your pain, even if it during the time you are getting wet. For me it breaks up the pain, even it is just till the hot water tank runs out...try it. And sauve some lotion of while still wet....may just to the trick to get through this day...

Hugs..
    Love ya,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Mnjodette,

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time and will keep you in my prayers.

Oluwa,

You are such a pillar of strength and encouragment. No matter what you are going thru you still seem to manage th elift others spirit and encourage them. I hope you feel that love reciprocated. Hang in there, as you always do.

Thanks

Hugs to you i do hope things get better for you soon.

Thanks

Awww Jody,

hugs dolly...throw a thick blanket in the dryer for a bit then wrap your self up in it and have a nap.

Hope your feeling better soon.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Jody Jody Jody Jody...

Are you still in the shower? You'll prune up.

Wondering how you are...concerned, worried. Sending you hugs... tight head hugs. A g-r-r-r- feel good head hug.

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

I'm here....thank you ALL for your kind words. I've been trying to work a few hours each day, so by the time I get home I'm just too exhausted to do anything. Haven't had the energy to pick up the laptop. Today, I'm home. Hubby is teaching; quiet day on the deck - maybe a load of laundy (hubby carries them up and down...bless him!) Nothing stressful.

Saysusie thank you for your warm thoughts. I'm sorry you're experiencing a bad patch, too. Today is a bit better for me...weather cooperating - I'm home, pampering "me." Joints thanking me for that! Here's hoping we both get some relief very soon. Be good to yourself, Saysusie.

Oluwa It HAS been a long while. You're probably right...it's not the disease that's the journey. It's what we learn from it. The things that matter become more precious. When I let myself get too busy, the illness comes back to bite me...but I also forget what I've learned. Slowwww down I tell myself! I know you're anxious to hear the second opinion. I'm anxious for you, Oluwa. No, it's not cool here yet (a bit at night.) In fact, I'm sitting on my deck and it's about 72 degrees, sunny, breezy. The colors are wonderful - some trees like fire; some the color of fresh lemons and limes and some still dark green. Nothing prettier. I'm relaxing - listening to my body today. It does make a difference when I'm careful about sun, stress, too much physical activity, the wrong food. So easy to be careless. Sending hugs back to you.... (PIP is right...you are such a source of comfort to everyone....we love you!)

SITC I like the idea of the blanket in the dryer! That would feel soooo good. My son's girlfriend bought me this 'wrap' that you heat up in the microwave. I haven't used it yet, but next time my fingers, wrists and elbows hurt enough to make me cry, I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for the 'warm' suggestion! What's new with you, SITC? How are you feeling? I've been reading posts, but not replying too much. I have a hard time remembering what I read. Duh!

PIP, thank you for the prayers...we can all use those, huh? How are you? I feel like I've been so out of touch..good to hear from you.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Over all, not bad.

Mostly trying to stay healthy. I've company coming for a visit so I want to be able to take them around and wine N dine them.

If I can just keep hubby and myself out of trouble for one week. He's worrying me...I'm gonna be watching him like a hawk :shock:
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Cherie, thanks for the kind words. I'm impatiently waiting to feel better!

SITC, just don't let your husband pick you up...from the floor, a chair...anything! :roll: :lol:

Jody