Thread: Serious pain today

Thanks

Default Serious pain today

My joints are hurting so bad right now. My hands are throbbing and aching. I started Plaq. about two weeks ago but no effects yet (I understand it can take some time to kick in). I can barely bend my fingers they are so stiff. I've been taking darvocet as ordered and ibuprofen and nothing is helping. This is really getting to me! I am supposed to be working on school work right now and I can't focus my hands hurt so bad. It hasn't been this bad in a while.

Any at home remedies you guys use?

I just needed to vent!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cherokee, sometimes I use an over- the -counter muscle rub when my arms, neck and shoulders hurt very badly. Sometimes it seems to help temporarily as the burning sensation of the muscle rub seems to take away from the pain of the joints, etc., and focuses on the burning instead.

DrinkofWtr

Thanks

The gave me Relafen ti try for my stiffness and pain but it messes with my stomach so I try to avoid taking it. I have put my hands in a sink of warm water and that sometimes eases some of the stiffness for me. Wish I had better advice...
    I just want to dance in the rain and stand in the sun...

Thanks

Hi Cherokee,
    I am sorry that you are having such a bad time with your hands right now. I am wondering if you have been perscribed an NSAID other then Ibuprofen for the inflamation in your joints. I am also wondering why they did not put you on a taper dose of Prednisone to work until the Plaquenil kicks in. Plaquenil can take up to 5 months before you get the full benefit of it. Have you tried putting warm compresses on your hands? I hope that you can get some relief from this and soon. I know I would be calling the doctor and seeing what they can do for it. Nobody should have to live in constant pain.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hi cherokee,

Heat will draw the pain out for a little while...sorry to hear you are in such pain. If the pain is in the joints, dont do any heavy lifting, but you need to move the joints abit.

Hugs hope you find relief.

Oh and yes Plaquenil can take up to six weeks before you see any noticable improvement. Gentle hugs to ya.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

many gentle hugs!

The only thing I can suggest that hasn't been as yet is a very long hot bath. Best with lots of bubbles and a good magazine.

Seriously, the heat and moisture seem to really help me with the stiffness and pain - sometimes I'll even stand in a hot shower if I don't want to climb in and out of a tub.

I hope youfeel better soon -
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Default pain

One thing I try to do when my hands are throbbing - run your hands under hot water for about 5 mins- it seems to do allot for me in terms of some form of relaxation and pain relief.. feel better kido

Thanks

hey Cherokee,

We haven't met, so Hi,,,My doc gave me a rub on topical called Voltaren Gel...I works pretty well...it is Diclofenac Sodium Gel and is prescription. Also like was said earlier, heat really helps for a short while.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost