Thread: hi everyone.!!

Thanks

Default hi everyone.!!

Hello everyone,
    Iam a 25 year old female and i found out about a month ago i had [lupus anticoagulant] after a trip to the nerology department at my local hospital.
    After a nother trip to the hospital on wednesday having more blood tests i asked the question would i be tested for [lupus sle] my blood doctor then told me i had been tested for this and my test was positive for both twice.
    I go back in amonth to see if my tests are positive again.

This really started for me two years ago wen i had seizuers permenant headaches visual darking numb fingers fatige memory loss etc.
    I have had so many tests mri scans scanning of the neck tilt tabeles eye tests blood tests and finally saw a nerologist who regemened these blood tests as there is a high risk of stroke in my familly and they were concerned about the visual darking she then said if my blood tests came back fine she was happy to sugest i had a phyoclogical manisfestation in my head, as you can imagine i was not inpressed with that .
    So thats my case so far hope to get to no you all soon.x

Thanks

Welcome to the site. There are a lot of nice folks that come in here with really good information.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Cherie;
    Welcome to our family. Many of us have been through the multitude of tests as you have and have had to endure doctors who tell us that our symptoms are psychological. Makes you just want to scream doesn't it?
    You did not mention if your doctor has prescribed anything for your symptoms while you are still in this diagnostic process. If this has not happened, do not be afraid to demand that they do give you something to ease your symptoms, particularly since they've said that your results for Lupus has been positive twice.
    You will find many people here who are knowledgeable, helpful, understanding and comforting. I'm glad that you joined us and I hope that we can always be of some help to you.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default thank you

Hi thank you for your kind words.
    At the moment i have not been given any medication apart from asprin to thin my blood.

I shall be seeing them in a month again for more results at the moment i am not feeling to much pain as i had a operation two weeks ago and still taking alot of pain killers but i will make sure i do my home work before i see them again.x

Thanks

Hi cherie,

I'd like to add my welcome. Are you still seeing the doctor who thought it was all in your head, or did you dump their butt and move on to a better doctor?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi yes i did i discharged myself from the nerologist who told me this.
    I am still not happy as she sent a letter to everyone i see at the hospital suggesting i was going mad!!!!!
    Wish i could see the look on her face now.
    I am now under a heamology doc for he moment.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi cherie,

So, let me get this straight. You have had two positive ANA tests that would suggest you have Lupus, but your Neurologist/Dr. said it's all in your head. Then, this same Dr. somehow makes a diagnosis that you are mentally ill, and tells this to a bunch of people at your local hospital? This stinks of Malpractice, and a Violation of Patient Confidentiality Laws, not to mention Slander for suggesting to people that your are mentally ill when you have not been diagnosed with any mental illness.

Just ridiculous! I hope you can find a Dr. who can help you. I don't know if you have the means to seek any legal advice, but I would consider it if it's at all possible. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Please let us know how it goes, and hang in there.

Rob

Thanks

I agree with Rob

She crossed a line, she should have to rethink her methods of patient interactions, or perhaps go back and retrain. There is something sadly lacking in her abilities.

You could start by obtaining a copy of your files and launch a complaint. There should be a copy of her letter to your doctors in your files.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I totally agree with Rob. If that letter is in your medical file, demand that it be removed and find out how you can report her for the issues that Rob mentioned! Do not let this go unanswered, you have the right to question what is in your medical file and, if it is totally inaccurate or untrue, you have the right to demand that it be removed.
    I hope that your new doctors provide you with treatment, rather than judgment! I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!