Thread: Got some good news

Thanks

Default Got some good news

I've been in a fair bit of pain for the past couple of months, and finally had some tests done.

They found a cyst on my ovary and said they just wanted to watch it for a while....picture the look on my face.

Anyway last week it got really bad. So my doctor sent me for blood work to check for ovarian cancer. The results came back to day...negative

Now if they would stop watching and do something about the pain that would be wonderful.

I'm going for another ultra sound, but they haven't given me a date yet.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi,
    I am really glad that the test for cancer was negative. I hope that they will do something to help you get out of the pain.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What, exactly, are they watching? Are they watching to see if it turns into cancer? Are they watching to see if it grows and debilitates you with pain? Are they watching it to see if it decides to jump, skip, or hop out of your body and go attack someone else?" Are they watching it carefully to make sure that it doesn't commit any crimes or break any laws? I mean, "watching it" puts me at a loss! How about "DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!"

Are they not wanting to do surgery? Is that it? I've never heard of ovarian cysts disappearing on their own...I could be wrong. But, I've never seen any cyst anywhere disappear on its own and, even if it does, it does so after a lengthy period of time which is replete with excruciating pain. I think that there is SOMETHING that they can do for you to ease your pain while they are "watching"!
    I do hope that they come to their senses and develop some sensitivity to your pain and suggest something more productive than just "watching" it. Please let us know.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

SITC,

I had no idea this was happening to you. I am very, very glad to hear that it was not cancer. My youngest sister had an ovarian cyst a few years ago. She had it removed with no lasting effects at all. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Rob

Thanks

I have had two emergency surgeries for burst ovarian cysts. I am shocked they didn't offer you birth control. Birth control is the first thing they offer me and I always refuse it as it affects my body way weird. But bc has been shown to shrink cysts and help with the pain. I know I always tried hot baths and warm/cold compresses and they never helped.

I am glad it is not cancer!
    I just want to dance in the rain and stand in the sun...

Thanks

Hi all,

My doctor did discuss birth control pills as an option but she didn't like it paired with the medications I'm on. At the time, the pain was more of a general discomfort.

Two weeks ago, it became much worse. Waves of pain and nausea. At firt I thought the cyst had ruptured; which my doctor had told me was a possiblity and she actually hoped it would.

I am waiting to hear on a date for another ultra sound. It's been a week and still no word.

Relief at hearing the good news from my blood work and helped with the stress. My heart goes out to Oluwa and I'm keep a special place in my thoughts for her.

Saysusie, you words eco my thoughts exactly. As much as I am afraid of hospitals (duh who isn't) I would love to have this removed so I can move forward.

It's a simple operation, so lets get ER done!

I'm tired of being "watched". My eyes, my joints, my blood pressure, my white blood cell count and now my gizzards...enough.

I have company coming in a week's time from germany. I entend to relax and enjoy their visit.

After that, I'm sticking to my doc like stink on a skunk till something is done.

I can not sit or stand or lay down for very long before I have to move. Thank goodness I can get up and move around at work or I'd go crazy.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good For You SITC! Stick to them, sick them, be a bulldog until they do something for you. Please keep us posted, and I hope you are able to relax and enjoy your company.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!