Thread: hello

Thanks

Default hello

My name is Kiana I am 31 and I was diagnosed with lupus three years ago after my twin boys were born. Before I was diagnosed , I was always tired and it felt like I could never get enough sleep. if it was up to me I would sleep twenty four hours a day and be fine. but my children were suffering because I was an active mother until three and half years ago. my doctor got concerned because at everyvisit I was severely anemic and the iron supplements were not helping at all. he was afraid to do a transfusion because I am rh negative along with having the rare blood type. So he did the testing and sure enough it was lupus. I have had lung biopsies mri's xrays. all sorts of difrent medications have lost majority of my teeth go through spells of hair lost. I also have myesthnia gravis and scleroderma. but I have learned to be aware of flare systems and I try to be as stress free as possible. I have always been a laid back carefree person so I think I am handling this Lupus thing very well. I am currently taking immurane and plaquenil and prednisone. I try to stay positve about all situations and I take it one day at a time.

Thanks

Hi Kiana,
    Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy. I have SLE Lupus along with a host of other auto-immune disorders. This is a really good site with good folks that come in here. They have a lot of good information and it is nice to talk with others that have these problems as well. I am wondering if you have Sjogrens due to the loss of your teeth. Well welcome to the site.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Kiana,

Welcome. I'm Rob, a 40 y.o. guy with SLE and MS. It sounds like you do indeed have a pretty good handle on your health problems. Staying positive, and as stress free as possible can really do wonders. One day at a time, is a phrase you'll see alot here.

Of course, there are times when things can become so difficult, that it's easy to become depressed, isolated, and self esteem can be wrecked in short order. For me, talking to people here helps me avoid some of these things.

There is a real wealth of knowledge here, and I've discovered some of the most caring, understanding people I've ever known. I think you'll find some great things here. Once again, welcome!

Rob

Thanks

Hi there Kiana..how are you this day..welcome..hugs.

Your spirit about your diseases is a great treasure to have. It is hard staying positive. I would love to hear about that the things that help you to stay focus, laid back and positive....I always love learning new techniques, philosophy as sometimes Lupus just kicks my scabby hinder...

Twins, wow, double the joy....twice the love...you are blessed.

Hugs and welcome again,
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Welcome Kiana

How long have you been on your medications? Have they started to kick in yet?

You have a great attitude as this can be a very frustrating illness and the medical "professionals" are not always working with us. Sounds like you are under good care.

I've been going with a high white blood cell count for quite awhile. :roll: It's being "watched".

You are wise to manage your stress. It's important to deal with things before they become a problem and to recognize things that are not for us to control and to let them go.

Eat properly; get proper amounts of rest and exercise. Do everything you can to be as healthy as you can. That way, when the flares do show their ugly little faces we are better able to ride them out.

That's quite the little happy gang you've got there. What are the age ranges?
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Kiana;
    You've been given excellent advice and I can't add anything better. Just wanted to add my welcome to those you've already received.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!