Thread: Tongue Sores?

Thanks

Default Tongue Sores?

Hi Everyone,
    I'm happy to see the site is up and running again. I have a question. For the past several days I have noticed that I've had a small red mark on my tongue, and when I looked at it again today, it had grown and is now about the size of a dime. It sort of resembles the mouth ulcers that I've gotten in the past, though, they've always been on the inside of my cheeks or near the gums. It isn't sore or painful, and I gargled with some mild salty water to ensure that it does get infected or anything. Can ulcers develop on the tongue as well, or is this something else entirely?
    If anyone can shed any light on this, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Kimmy

Thanks

Default similar

Hi there. I'm totally new to this site but clicked on your post because the title i can relate to. I too get mouth ulcers in my mouth and throat. Mine are painful but I have not been diagnosed with SLE yet. I am waiting for my ana blood results monday. Anyhow, the red bump you describe on your tongue i'm not too sure. Usually ulcers are white or yellowish in color at least to my experience. I get white/clear bumps underneath my tongue however that seem to be like bubbles and are different in size each time. I also get more than one sometimes. I can pop them with my teeth and then they seem to go away. I'm not sure what they are but I have had them on and off for some time. Sorry I don't have any answers for you but since no one has posted yet I figured I would at least let you know theres someone with a similar symptom. Hope you can figure out whats up. Take care and God Bless! -Brittanee

Thanks

Hi Kimmy;

I haven't had any experience with sores on my tongue, only on the inside of my cheeks. If I were you, I'd consider calling my dentist - it seems the size has changed quickly.

Take care, and I hope it goes away quickly! Keep us posted -
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

No idea.

I get them on the roof of my mouth and on the inside of my lower lip. Have had them on inside my cheeks also. Those of you who have mouth sores., what are yours like? Mine are like abrasions and blister type looking but then can sorta (roof of my mouth ones) seem to get some deeper.

Just curious. What do you all do for yours? Do they hurt?

K

Thanks

I get these all the time, I have one right now actually. Usually when I get them a bunch show up. Mine always hurt. I wanted to know if anyone knows how to get rid of them. Or any ways to stop the pain?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. I saw my rheumy and it turns out that the sores were lupus related, even though it grew so fast. I spoke to an ENT recently about what to do for the sores that are painful. She recommends using a mouthwash with an analgesic in it. You can get them at the pharmacy. They only provide temporary relief, but at least it will help a bit.
    Be well!
    Kimmy

Thanks

Hi Kimmy the tongue is a hard spot to treat, but when I get the sores on my gum or the inside of my cheek I use Fletcher's Liquid Sore-Mouth medicine ... lol that 's the name of the stuff.

Just use a qTip to put it on with. Helps to heal quickly and takes the pain out.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Thanks SITC!
    I'll keep my eyes peeled for the stuff!
    Kimmy