Thread: on a happy note!

Thanks

Default on a happy note!

Just a few days ago I told my boss about my Lupus. No one here knew, and it's always been very difficult for me to talk about it. I try to hide it, and for the most part would get away with simply being sick sometimes. However, i felt that my fatigues and lack of concentration was starting to affect my job performance; at least I felt like I could do much better.So I made the decision to come clean. Well, to my relief, he was very understanding! He said that my performance was just fine, in fact, great. Aparently I was being paranoid about it. I wanted to make it clear that Lupus would not be an excuse for anything; that i simply wanted to let him know in case it started to affect my work.
    It was great, now i feel like I have some support right here at work. I have been stressing so much in the last month or so, that this really and trully lifts about a ton of stress off of my shoulders. I think that stressing about not preforming well at work was making me even more sick.. the vicious cycle kept going.
    I just wanted to share.

Thanks

Yippeeeee! I love happy stories! And now, hopefully even more people will be educated about Lupus at your worksite, just because of you!

Missy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have to piggy back on Missy's "YIPPEE!". It is usually just the opposite reaction with employers. My employers were anything BUT supportive and, once they learned about my illness, they did everything that they could to get rid of me and/or to make my job a living hell!!

I am so happy for you and I know that this makes things so much easier for you!!

Best of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi I had a happy ending too. after nursing for 33 years I found I really couldn't keep going. The NHs was so supported, they adapted my job until they couldn't adapt it any more. Eventually with occupational Health and Union I got maximum pension on ill health I got 33 years plus 6 1/2 enhanced so only 6 months short of maximum. I retired in July, now I have all day to play on my computer LOL
    Val