Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate this!

Thanks

Hugsss Rob,

Hope your tests went well, and the day didn't drain you too much. When you're up to it, let us know how you made out.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ditto what SITC said, Rob. When you feel better, let us know how your tests went. I'm glad to hear that the second round of IV steroid treatment went better :lol:

Like you, I don't see that 'one day' free of symptoms coming. But, I am ever so hopeful that it might :lol: So, I cling to that!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

How are you today, Rob? Hope the tests weren't too terrible. It just seems like a very cruel joke some days, doesn't it? You're sailing (or flying!) along, minding your own business and then..WHAM...some crummy disease sneaks up and flattens you. It tries to steal time, peace of mind, confidence, joy....tries to take control. I spend a lot of time in denial...pushing through the pain when I can. That works sometimes. You're dealing with some serious stuff, Rob, so 'pushing through the pain' would be pretty tough. I'm so impressed with all that you do in spite of your illness. And your Dad....what an amazing guy...you are so lucky to have him!

Lauri, I have bursitis in my hips, too. It comes and goes, and prednisone didn't always control it. I've also had cortisone injections in my hips, twice. Didn't touch it. For many months it was so bad I could only walk a short distance before I had to sit; felt like I was sleeping on rocks. Then, it was gone for a short while; now it's back again. You've gotten some good advice. Do what you can; make memories with Jack out of the things you're able to do with him. Believe me, whatever time you spend with him will be what he remembers. It won't matter if it's indoor, physically easy stuff. He just wants your time and attention. You are a good mom to care about that...not all do, you know. I hope today is a better day.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mnjodette
    How are you today, Rob? Hope the tests weren't too terrible. It just seems like a very cruel joke some days, doesn't it? You're sailing (or flying!) along, minding your own business and then..WHAM...some crummy disease sneaks up and flattens you. It tries to steal time, peace of mind, confidence, joy....tries to take control. I spend a lot of time in denial...pushing through the pain when I can. That works sometimes. You're dealing with some serious stuff, Rob, so 'pushing through the pain' would be pretty tough. I'm so impressed with all that you do in spite of your illness. And your Dad....what an amazing guy...you are so lucky to have him!

Jody

Hi Jody,

It's great to see you back! I had some routine blood work, and another Evoked Potentials test the other day. I'll see my neuro next week to look at the results. The tests this time are just to monitor the progress, or hopefully the lack of progress of the MS. Going back out flying again tomorrow. I'm going to try to get out and do some sailing this weekend. It's prime whale watching season right now. Hopefully we'll see some blue whales. I saw a couple of them last summer. I was out about 10 miles from shore and suddenly my sonar/fish finder gadget went off the chart and started blinking error on the screen. Next thing I know this gigantic whale surfaces about 50 yards out and makes a huge splash. The typical blue whale is around 80 feet long. It's an awesome sight. Taking my camera this time. I hope all is well with you Jody. It's good to have you back.

Rob

Thanks

me too rob

Thanks

Oh Rob,
    I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say. This disease is a major pain. Figuratively and literally.
    I only hope that days like these get rarer and rarer for you.
    -Hil