Thread: thrush

Thanks

Default thrush

I went to the doctor today because i have little white blisters coming up in the back of my throat. My throat hurts and its hard to swallow. I didnt think to ask her how long it would take for this to go away. Has anyone had it? How long did you have it? Thanks.

Bevi

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Are you taking any antibiotics for any reason? Thrush (candidiasis) is a fungal infection. It tends to develop in the mouth in people who take antibiotics or have a dry mouth. Thrush often appears as a white, curdlike film coating the gums, including the gums under dentures, and the inside of the mouth. Thrush is usually painless, although the affected areas sometimes appear red and burn. Thrush may also affect the corners of the mouth, which become cracked, red, and dry. Antifungal creams and rinses are effective in most cases. When thrush is severe, antifungal drugs may be taken by mouth.

Lupus causes mouth sores that are usually painless. They are a mixture of red and white sores that can occur on the tongue, inside of the cheeks, roof of the mouth, and gums. Plaquenil usually helps with the mouth sores caused by Lupus.

You might want to speak to your doctor about these sores to determine exactly what they are and what the best treatment might be.

Best Of Luck
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I say thrush thats what my mom calls it. The doctor said it was ulcers from the disease. She gave me a pres. for mouthwash with lidocain, maalox, and benadryl. The sores did not hurt. My throat did because it was irritated from the sores. Today i called the Rheumatologist and i have an appointment Thursday. More blood work came back and i still have inflammation. The doctor wants to go over treatment options. Thank you for your help.

bevi

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

If it is ulcers from the disease, you might want to ask your doctor about Plaquenil (along with the mouthwash). Once they are healed by the Plaquenil, they generally will never come back.
    Let us know what your doctor says, how your blood tests are, and what medications are prescribed. Hope you continue to feel better.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!