Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling really crappy

Thanks

Default feeling really crappy

everything hurts. I can hardly walk, cant stay awake, then cant sleep. I am in so much pain.

HubbyMan is going to call the rheumy. Our insurance started or starts real soon. I dont know which.

I feel useless and a burden. Cant help him out with the kids or in our life.
    I just sit here in pain. I cry, I moan. I want to just get away from it but to do anything....the pay off is not worth the consequence.

Some where some how something needs to help.

Kasey

Thanks

Hi Casey,
    I am sorry to hear that you are having such a terrible time right now. I hope that you can get into see the Rheumatologist really soon and that they can get you under control. I will have you in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Ooohhh Kasey,
    I am so sorry you are feeling like this, and am really sending some prayers your way. I am also in a terrible flare, and am at my wits end....
    Please hang in there...
    Love Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Oh Kasey I am sorry to hear you're in pain. Please never think you're a burden or useless, I know I feel the same way sometimes. But our husbands are with us through good and bad, even though we feel like burdens and not helpful, I really don't think ever see it that way. I apologize all the time to my husband and he recently told me the only thing that bothers him, is me apologizing so much for something I can't control. I just hope this helps you to not feel like a burden or useless, we are just temporarily not working so well. That is what I say now instead of I am sorry. The chuckle tends lighten up my mood when I feel awful. I hope you start to feel better- mentally and physically.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I hurt pretty much everywhere too Kasey. It's like being trapped. Can't sleep, can't stay awake. I know how you feel. You are not a burden, and you are not useless. Remember that you have good days, pain free days to look forward to. They are there waiting for you, but unfortunately you have get through some bad, painful days to get to them. That's how I try to rationalize things in order to get through the painful, long, sad days I go through. You are not alone. Never forget that there are others who know exactly how you feel. Hang in there.

Rob

Thanks

Thank you your caring.
    Yes I am in a huge flare right now. Moving, my surgery and the stress that we had this summer has caught up with me and has whipped my tail. I try to remember that yes I came out of the last flare and was beginning to find my new normal which was much less than my normal b/4 lupus but Id take it anyday now.

Our insurance kicks in tomorrow if Im not mistaken. Still trying to contact the rheumy. Primary doc was talking about putting me on Methotrexate. She already started me on Mobic and took away a different pain med.

It is so hard to see my life just getting away from me. I am feeling so frustrated cuz I had so much to look forward to and it seems like it is all just slipping away. I am feeling depressed.

I like the phrase temporarily not working so well. I say when I am having a lot of difficulty with lost words that my kids are good at finding them for me.

Kasey

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Kasey,

Moving, having surgery, and dealing with personal stress can do a number on the healthiest of people. You have the added challenge of having to deal with Lupus too, and you are still fighting it, and moving forward with your life, albeit a little slowly right now. You are stronger than you know, even though you feel anything but strong right now.

I too had, and have portions of my life that got away from me, and many things did slip away, never to return. But, many new, and different things, things that I can handle, things I can enjoy depite being sick, have found their way into my life. There are still things to look forward to Kasey, and you have plenty of good days ahead.

Thanks

Soft hugs Kasey,

You be nice to yourself! Ya hear!

You're in the deep pit of a flare....you will come round. You know how it goes...

You just did a big move and delt with all kinds of stress like a champ. Soon and the dust settles, WHAM! You're doing the lupus dance.

So .... be nice to yourself...be understanding a patient with yourself and heal.

I feel like crap and I'm hurting 24/7 right now too. I'm Flaring like it's the fourth of july :lol:

My rashes are raging, I've got mouth sores, my joints are screaming. and I have that rung out and hung out feeling. Plus I cant hold a thought in my head for a minute.

You've got to give yourself time to rest and mend...and find that happy little balance of doing what ya can and knowing when to say enough.

It's important for your family to see you taking care of yourself.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Soft hugs.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

thanks for the hugs.

Mouth sores, oh yea I have them bad right now too. Ya really think I will come out of this?

Kasey

Thanks

There's a light at the end of the tunnel....flares do end.

You've had busy time of it and your body is yelling at you.

What do you do for your mouth sores?

I'm about to go all commercial on ya...cause I found this stuff and I loves it. With in the first day I started feeling better.

The sores are still there but they dont hurt as much and they are healing faster than they usually do.

Fletcher's Liquid SORE-MOUTH medicine. It comes is a short fat browm bottle. It's a yellowish liquid. You dip a Q-Tip in it and dab it on the sore.

I let it sink in for seconds then I grab a tube of orabase and a Q-Tip and "gentley" dab a glob of the stick grainy stuff over the sore.

Dont do this till after you have had your breakfast and brushed your teeth, cause it's really gooey.

It feels funny but it works. Seems to dry the sore up while it coats and protects it from beening bumped and causing pain.
    Oh look ... a cookie